advice needed...

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Platinum_twf, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Platinum_twf

Platinum_twf Member

ok, everyone always comes up to me and asks why I'm some quiet, I just say I don't know, but also if I do any thing people would say like I didn't know you did that, your so quite, I didn't think you did any thing wrong, or something like that, like the other day I was taking a few hits from my bowl, well I was waiting for the bus to my vocational school and like 3 people came up to me and said "I didn't know you smoked, your so quiet, I didn't think you did any thing wrong, I guess looks can fool you" I hate it when people do that, just because I don't talk much doesn't mean I never do anything wrong...it happens all the time to...anyway how do you guys think I can I get away from the image of me being "quiet" I mean I don't talk that much, but I try, it's just that for some reason I never know what to say? I try, I always tell my self I'm defiantly going to talk a lot to day, but for some reason I never do, I either don't know what to talk about, or I always feel subconsciously that I'm going to say something stupid or something and I just don't say much, I don't know why, it's not like I don't talk at home either, at home I talk a lot it's just like if I'm any where else I don't really talk to much...so how do you guys think I can get myself to talk more?

2. sugarmaggie

sugarmaggie ~Green Eyed Devil~

If I were you, I'd rather remain being the "quiet one". You don't want everyone knowing your business anyway. You'll get away with alot more like that. Don't worry so much about what people think, you are who ya are. Apparently the people stereotyping you are the ones with the problem. Quiet people can't smoke herb?? Wtf??

3. Platinum_twf

Platinum_twf Member

yeah, but no one even knows who I am...and I don't really know any one at all...I wish I had more friends, or some people to hang out with...and I figure if I talk more people will know me and I will meet more some people to hang out with and stuff...

4. ElectricLady

ElectricLady Member

Awww, Platinum. I feel your pain. I've always been extremely quiet. When I was in high school, my teachers referred to me as 'painfully shy'. I don't know. That's just how I am. I can never come up with anything to say, especailly around new people.

I still get the "I didn't know you did ________. You're so quiet!" I smiled reading that in your post because I used to get that all the time. People think that becauase you're quiet, you're good...when in reality, I'm FAR from good, lol. I just say, "The quiet ones are the ones you have to watch out for." (actually, a lot of people say that.)

I know exactly what you're saying about how you want to meet new people and make more friends. I still feel the same way, but its hard. I've come to face the fact that I'm shy, and looks like I always will be. One thing that REALLY helped me, was that I had to transfer to a new school in the middle of the year. Everyone's always curious of the new person, and most times will make a point to reach out to you. Just make sure you grab the bait. I had no choice but to talk to new people. Sometimes you just need a fresh start. Another good idea is to get a job. Do you have one? Like at a mall or something where there's other kids your age working. You can't help but to become friends with the people you work with. (Unless their jerks.)

I don't know if you have this problem, but some people think I'm stuck up or something, right off the bat because I'm so quiet. It sucks, because I'm actually really friendly.

Do you have any close friends right now? You can always meet their friends. I had a best friend who was really outgoing, and knew everybody, it seemed. That really helped.

But keep in mind that being quiet is just being you - consider yourself mysterious. Thats cool. A lot of people appreciate us quiet people. We're the best listeners! And there are days when I just don't really feel like fucking with people - and don't. Other days I actually do feel like talking a lot. It just depends what state of mind I'm in. .. I hope i don't grow up to be a hermit (lol).

5. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I get it all the time. :p "OMG?!?!? YOU JUST SAID FUCK?!?!?"

6. jailmate

jailmate Plantenist

Dah, Adh, U smoke 2 little and talk 2 much, try sumthin dif like get hip 2
    dah Hair trip, U no like hippyz du. day grew itz hairz

7. Dreamer!

Dreamer! Member

hey man you seem really worried about what other people think of you! Just smoke a bowl and chill out, only do something that YOU feel comfortable doing man. I could care less what other people think of me and no matter what i always speak my mind!

good luck little buddy!

8. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

I'm a bit like that too... Not quite so much anymore, but still a lot, especially when I get high lately..... Don't really know what to tell you...

9. 1FASTMF

1FASTMF Member

Platinum WTH are you doing by getting that close to "strangers" that they know you are smoking - be cool man.

Looks like there are a bunch of fellow Marylanders in this thread. I'm between Baltimore and Washington. Where do you hang out?

See it is not to hard to reach out.

10. 8footsativa_chik

8footsativa_chik Waka Chang-Chang

You just need more self confidence dude. [​IMG]
    When trying to talk to someone, you could just start by saying "hi". that should get your convo going. Sounds simple but it should work.

11. Bhaskar

Bhaskar Members

Why do you smoke pot if you think it is wrong?

12. Platinum_twf

Platinum_twf Member

yeah, I'm a cashier at a supermarket, I've been working there for around 2 months, I was going to get a job at the mall, they were hiring when I was looking for a job, but my mom said that it was to far for her drive all the time, it's like 15 min. away. there are a few people my age there, but I don't really have time to talk or anything, it's really busy most of the time.

yeah, that happens to me some times, but not that much...

not really right now I don't know any one, and my life is so boring, it's like if I'm not at work, or school, I'm just sitting a home by myself, and I'm sick of it.

I don't really care, I can care less what people think, it's just that like I said I don't know any one, and my life is so boring, if I'm not at work, or school, I'm just sitting a home by myself, and I'm sick of it.

I don't think it's wrong, that's just what they said, and I don't think that they thought it was wrong either, because the were smoking to. I was just using that as an example.