Advice needed: How to win an argue against someone who hates the use of salvia?

Discussion in 'Salvia Divinorum' started by otb01, Apr 24, 2007.

1. otb01

otb01 Member

Topic is self explanatory. I've always wondered how to win an argument against someone who demonizes the use of salvia.

2. Grim

Grim Wandering Wonderer

Stop arguing, say 'to each their own', and don't try to change their mind about something not worth having a fight about. Just give them some good resources they can use to learn about it if they want, and leave it at that.

3. uplink

uplink Member

what do they hate about it? if it's the feeling, i don't blame them. are they also against weed?

salvia is legal, been used for thousands of years (along with deadly nightshade and henbane... but don't tell them that), is non-toxic (using toxic loosely... toxic is an amount not a substance), non-addictive, and it is a drug that you can buy without having to associate yourself with people who deal dangerous and illegal drugs.

Salvia won't kill you or damage your brain from reasonable usage. Many people have used salvia very many times and are totally fine.

I think it's okay if they don't want to try it etc. but kind of harsh if they are against YOU doing it.

4. otb01

otb01 Member

Those are the things that i have said and the person still hounds me. They say that it has killed a kid (FALSE, he killed himself (depression)). I want to basically knock them out with one large debating punch

5. alchemist357

alchemist357 Member

give them a big thumbs up basically laugh in their face.

6. otb01

otb01 Member

That wouldn't work in this situation -.-

7. uplink

uplink Member

every year there are forty five toaster related deaths... about 450 swimming pool related deaths in the US every year. Not to mention 1.2 million car related deaths. And supposedly a single salvia related death, that can't really be proven... in it's millennium plus history.

Does your friend go around destroying swimming pools and telling people not to ride in cars, or use toasters? If so, you're screwed... there is no convincing them. ;)

8. otb01

otb01 Member

thanks!

9. Pepopstico

Pepopstico Member

dont waste your time argueing.
    just do salvia away from this person.