Advanced Aliens 'Destroying' Us?

Discussion in 'Paranoid?' started by Jimbee68, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

A couple of days ago, I saw a rather disturbing video on Youtube. (I don't remember which one it was, exactly. If I find it, I will post a link.) But basically it was based on Fermi's Paradox: the seeming contradiction that advanced races on other planets must exist, yet, where are they?

Anyways, I will tell you which part I found disturbing. There is this theory called 'Zoo Hypothesis', that advanced ET might just be keeping us all as a kind of menagerie, waiting until we get to a certain level of technology.

And anyways, according to this Youtube video (and here is the part that bothers me), when we reach their level of sophistication, they may just destroy us(!). Why would they want to destroy us then?

This might be the video I am talking about: Or, FWIW, here is the second part of the series:

Again, why would they want to destroy us? Aren't aliens all overflowing with love and peace, like in some Sci-Fi movies?

:grinning::grinning::grinning:

2. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Could be in an elaborate zoo. There really would be no way of knowing I guess.

I guess the reason they might want to destroy us is if we would get to a level of technology that might be a threat to them. For various reasons evolution has made us fairly aggressive and paranoid to those we consider "other".

wilsjane likes this.
  3. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

The only asteroid to fear is the asteroid itself.

Aliens? Pah!

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

You don't think humans, deer, whales and the platypus all originated on the same planet, right!? Yes, this planet is a zoo. Obviously some kind of experiment ;)

5. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

What are the various reasons?

6. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Well... I'm certainly no evolutionary biologist. Having said that, my guess is living and evolving on a planet where one is constantly being subject to faster, stronger, and larger predators. Even smaller ones may be poisonous or deceptively aggressive and dangerous.

I imagine most predatory mammals would be very much like us in this regard if they were to develop sapience, perhaps with the exception of apex predators.

7. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I would say the "Zoo hypothesis" is one of the most far fetched speculative answers to the Fermi Paradox but I defer to @Irminsul , HF's resident alien expert.

8. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Thread title reads like a Trump tweet...

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  9. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

What if...There were no aliens. Just Gods.

10. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Greek Gods. What if it's all true.

11. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I think it's a silly idea. One that I don't read into or follow with any seriousness or effort. :p

Eric! likes this.
  13. I know we tried to keep this a big secret, but maybe they know we're assholes.

EloiseAtThePlaza likes this.
  14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

would it matter? we are shaped after our creators.

15. I don't think they made us. Probably found us wandering naked on some forbidden planet (forbidden for a reason) and transplanted us here. At first they were sympathetic and were like, "Hey, these are cool dudes. Let's put them on Earth." Then they walked among us and soon realized that everyone was a fucking dick. I don't think they'll wait for our retarded technological epoch either. I think it could be any day now.

Though maybe they figure we suffer worse just to have to live with each other.

RainyDayHype likes this.
  16. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

@Jimbee68

This vid doesn't talk about Aliens destroying us but prompts some discussion surrounding the Fermi Paradox you may find interesting.

17. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

That was interesting. I loved that guy at the end. What an idea! I love that there are people having ideas like that. We're too busy destroying ourselves to carry out a plan that takes thousands of years. He's ahead of his time.

The whole thing about wanting to make contact in hopes that they can teach us better ways to think, live, etc.. I think it's highly likely that if there is an advanced race who have solved the "big questions", we (as a collective) wouldn't like the answers at this point, and they know that. Because we wouldn't like the answers, we'd decide they were wrong, and then do our best to destroy the aliens.

guerillabedlam likes this.
  18. NoHobo

NoHobo Members

This is real.

Source - I'm an advanced alien.

19. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

If there are advanced aliens somewhere that would be incredible.

If we are the only intelligent life in the Universe that would be equally incredible.

So basically everything is incredible.

themnax and Driftrue like this.
  20. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Fixed

Ged likes this.