Adult Swimitis

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by HappyHaHaGirl, May 26, 2004.

1. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I have a problem. It all started with me thinking I had insomnia, and the only thing there really was for me to do was to turn on the tv and watch Adult Swim until I got sleepy. It seemed to kind of work... I usually passed out as soon as Family Guy was over.

Then they added Aqua Teen Hunger Force. This is when I started to realize that I might be sick. The way it works is: I can't sleep, so I turn on the tv. After a while, I'm completely exhausted, but I don't want to miss Family Guy. So I stay up to watch Family Guy. Then I think, "Well... ATHF is only 15 minutes long... I'll just watch one episode." I force my eyes open for 15 minutes, only to decide at the end that I'm already up, so I might as well watch the next one. By then, it's midnight. And Popeye comes on in like an hour or so. Surely I can stay up that long.... then I'll go to bed....

See what I mean? It's a vicious cycle. I thought I was watching tv because I couldn't sleep, but it turns out that I can't sleep because the tv has possessed me. I need help. I don't know what to do. I feel like I have to watch it, though, or I'm missing out... What if someone quotes it tomorrow and I didn't see it so I just stand there and let a great joke fly right over my head?? I can't handle that! I have a reputation!

Surely someone knows what to do. :( I'm afraid. I could die.

2. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

Valerian root tea.

3. Willow-Bridget-Love

Willow-Bridget-Love Member

Just stop watching Tv for a while, then, youll get out of that habit and yeah, and if you cant help yourself, have a friend hold your tv for a week or whatever... i think..

4. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

I Love The Family Guy!

5. HappyHaHaGirl

I can't not watch it! You don't understand! Plus, we have like 4 tvs... and they're big ones. So they're heavy.

I have an addiction. I need to go to rehab with Mary Kate Olsen....

6. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

what?! mary kate, in rehab???

7. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

valerian is also very effective in capsule form. i also like melatonin.

i can't ever sleep once adult swim is on, either. it just won't happen. so i set my TiVo to record all of it. now i can watch it in the morning.

8. tom

tom Member

Same problem/Different venue. I think this website is worse than the television.

9. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

Put the tv on mute, you'll fall asleep.

And don't worry about missing episodes, they rerun them quite often.

10. sm0key42o8

sm0key42o8 Senior Member

I thinkim in love,I wish i could help you, i am glad that adult swim has dragged someone else up all through the night, the only offer i can give is we get married and stay up gettin stoned and wathcin it together-do you like ben and jerry's icecream???

11. sm0key42o8

sm0key42o8 Senior Member

what bout futurama

12. Mr MiGu

Mr MiGu King of the Zombies

easy solution:

stop getting up as early, so you can stay up later and watch more tv

13. BuddyBuds

BuddyBuds Member

little blue Amytal Sodium capsules, 200-milligram-sized.

red-and-blue Tuinal bullet capsules, lipstick-red Seconal

14. KJ is cool

KJ is cool Member

i have a shirt that says "i heart athf" the heart is meatwad in the shape of a heart. its bad ass.

15. Twice Nightly

Twice Nightly Member

Looks like I agree with you on the greatness of Adult Swim. Could this be a new beginning for us, Happy?

16. HappyHaHaGirl

Possibly??? It all depends on you, champ.

17. Twice Nightly

Twice Nightly Member

For the record, I never disliked you, nor do I now. You just over-react the funniest.
    Edit: Well, second funniest. I mean, you never created a thread threatening my life. A thread whose locked status still pisses me off.

18. HappyHaHaGirl

Why did it get closed?

I just hate how pointless all your threads are. I never saw you post anything that was respectful or constructive. It's cute sometimes, but it gets annoying when you do it that much, and it also makes you look unintelligent and closed minded.

Did you ever see the SeaLab episode where Captain Murphy got stuck under the soda machine and became addicted to the scorpion's venom, then Quinn killed it when they came to rescue him? I liked that one a lot.... :D

19. Twice Nightly

Twice Nightly Member

Meh, you may niot like what I do here, but the fact remains that more people like me than dislike me. I'm a much different person away from this shit-hole, but the more I say that, the less it means.

I used to have that episode on tape, but my favorite is the one where quinn and what's-his-face keep going back in time 10 minutes.

20. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I personally find Adult Swim and the like to be idiotic CRAP

but that's just me...