Adult 50 plus Commune Idea

Discussion in 'Communal Living' started by stormountainman, Dec 15, 2013.

1. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Sure Al. And thanks.

2. Annwyn'Bri

Annwyn'Bri Member

Cannibis is legal in Washington state too...

1 person likes this.
  3. Annwyn'Bri

Annwyn'Bri Member

Sorry about your loss too... it's so hard.

2 people like this.
  4. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

HI Annwyn'Bri, looks like it is up to us to start this commune....?

1 person likes this.
  5. stormountainman

Some of the retail pot shops have been issuing "Frequent Stoner Cards" to their regular customers. The first time that I saw that, the place also had an ATM machine on site. I laughed for two hours after I walked out of that shop! If you know the right people here, you can get it for free!

2 people like this.
  6. Annwyn'Bri

Annwyn'Bri Member

Oh, I wish I could.. I think it would be a blast!!!

1 person likes this.
  7. stormountainman

A lot of people are stuck in their routine, or have commitment to family, or so on. My kid is going to college in New York and will be spending the spring semester in Italy, so I can do whatever I want. And I would still like to get a bunch of people who cannot afford proper housing to go in together on some sort of place. It would be fun and also a good thing. By the way, I read your comments on the Free Love page and laughed hard enough to bust my shirt...yes my shirt. You can write funny stuff! Peace & Light

1 person likes this.
  8. stormountainman

Hey, just in case any of you brothers and sisters are interested, the address of the Earthship is 901 Cedar Ridge Road, Walsenburg, Colorado 81089. It is listed on Trulia and on Realtor.com and both websites have good photos of the place! The place has some spectacular views of rock formations, hills, and the La Veta peaks. I called the government office about a rural mortgage and was told it qualifies, and was told it does not. As far as I know it is on a generator, so would not qualify. Moreover, they get water by collecting rain and snow-melt, so that would be another problem for a mortgage. Otherwise, the place is just as sweet as could be! Any ideas?

9. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

it is commonly advised when friends go in on a piece of property that the land be divided
    and deeded separately . there may be covenants such as a right-of-way . should the land
    be communally owned and one investor wants out , it is quite possible a public auction will
    be ordered . i cannot imagine a banker financing anyone's share in a commune .

10. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

It's on a solar generator....

[​IMG]

Panels are on that top ridge...

The site I got this pic from also says it's sold.

11. Tyrsonswood

To be honest... It doesn't look like it's very well built.

12. stormountainman

Yes, I don't think this one would get financed. I'm going to look at another place. Too bad, this one looked real sweet.

13. stormountainman

Yes, it looks like is has been vacant and neglected for a while, maybe an eviction. In any case it cannot be financed in the tradtional sense. Too bad, what a sweet place.

14. glass tears

glass tears Members

how i would love to do this...

15. stormountainman

Hi, we would love to have you join us. I found a couple of places; however, they did not work out, because of mortgage reasons. Here in the states you have to have water and electric to get any kind of mortgage. So, I'm back to the search. Don't give up. There are several of us in Fort Collins Colorado that are looking for a place, and several from here on Hipforms. Peace & Light to you.

1 person likes this.
  16. IMthechange

IMthechange Members

I am a 50 something old hippie that would love an idea like this. I am currently in San Diego. What is happening in this country today economically is shameful. Greed rules the day in every transaction, except the rare one. I don't have the finances any more to begin something like this, I took an epic beating in the 2007-2008 depression. I lost everything and am just now coming out of my funk. Starting over at 50 is not an easily digestable event. but I still have a strong back and a sharp mind and I am not afraid of hard work. If this does become reality you can count myself and my significant other in, if you could use our skills and potential income to make it work. Or if you just want two peace loving communal living fans to be a part of something different than or society offers these days.
    I am a licensed general contractor and licensed land surveyor and I could help entitle the land, and build a house, so we would go in with some existing equity right out of the gate., Anyone have any seed money?

1 person likes this.
  17. stormountainman

Hi there in San Diego, Keep in touch with us. I have a group of homeless friends in Fort Collins Colorado who are over 50 and starting over. Most are poor and homeless; but, we have vision and we can get it done. Peace & Light to you!

18. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

(still watching)

1 person likes this.
  19. Tyrsonswood

I'm still watching too.... But I got my own place to take care of.

1 person likes this.
  20. stormountainman

I am so excited about this that I have to sit on my hands to keep from waving at everybody. I love all my homeless friends and would love to see them together in a safe place. Together we can fight off anything from the cold to the red necks.

1 person likes this.