Adult 50 plus Commune Idea

Discussion in 'Communal Living' started by stormountainman, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Annwyn'Bri

Annwyn'Bri Member

Houses here are too expensive but aren't selling. Now one wants to live in all of the rain, so I'm not surprised they are going to Colorado instead.

2. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Tell you what, I'll find some people in Colorado who say they like rain and send them up there. You can rent your place to them and drive down to Colorado to live with us in a yurt under the sun!

3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Now, don't you folks get lots of that awful 'white stuff' up there in Colorado?

4. stormountainman

Yes Sir, Colorado gets lots of snow, mostly in the High Country (in the hills) however, in the area known as The Front Range we get mild winters with warm days. The Front Range area is a strip of land that runs north to south where the High Plains meet the first foothills. It gets 330 sunny days each year.

5. Annwyn'Bri

Annwyn'Bri Member

You mean there are people who actually like rain?

6. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

ah , man , it's a riddle . 'course to solve it one needs some motivation .

what a new commune needs is devotion .

it's alot easier to just go and live in a little hippie town . little hippies live like
    hobbits and have crazy mythical adventures .

7. stormountainman

Well, I can't point to any of them; but, I'm sure there are some. I know that I like both places. Colorado is nice during winter. It's a little too hot on the front range in summer. The hills are nice during summer. I know the northwest states are damp from October until May, but nice the rest of the year. It's what we make of it.

8. stormountainman

I agree. Devotion is a good driving force. In a commune we are in it together, and should be devoted to each other. Many hands make light work.

9. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

i mean beginning now . there's been a couple invitations in this forum that've have been devotedly
    sensible in that way . such as like this : ' here's the land . it has no debt . there is good water . please
    show up on this day two months from now and we shall sit in council . '

10. stormountainman

That sounds great. I haven't seen such commune offers. I didn't know there were any established on these pages. I know of some on IC; but, they are mostly groups of homes in a gated community, not for me. I would rather join an established commune, rather than get hooked on a mortgage. Tell me about what you found Tikoo.

11. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

sorry , don't believe I will . there's this to relate though : a very nice , polite young woman and her child went travelling all over looking for a home
    among the communes . there is none who lovingly acceptedt the child . she did find a happy place eventually . it is not a commune , it is a little hippie
    village in the Oregon mountains . an old man with a house gave them a place . last I saw her , she said he would give me a place also .

12. stormountainman

That's alright, Tikoo. I like Oregon real well. I've been there many times. I don't want to live in any one man's place. I prefer a commune, or my own place. I can even survive in my Hippy van, on the road. I am going to follow up on the Colorado homesteads that I mentioned earlier. I know that I qualify for a mortgage. I just don't know how much Peace & Light to you.

13. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Yes. Colorado is mostly desert, in the rainfall sense, and rain, but usually snow, is precious, life giving moisture.

Most precipitation in Colorado is snowfall. Last winter filled the reservoirs and rivers well. Good snowpack.

1 person likes this.
  14. stormountainman

That's right. Last year, we got snow in May and a lot of rain in September on the Front Range. All that caused a bunch of flooding. By the way DrumminMama, that Earthship that I mentioned earlier is located near Walsenburg. It's on 68 acres and out in the Boonies.

15. CoZMiC WiZDoM RaW VeGaN

CoZMiC WiZDoM RaW VeGaN Member

♥ ♣ StormMountainMan... You are so *LUCKY* to be Living in beautiful Colorado... don't move from there! :sunny: ALL forms of Cannabis consumption is *LEGAL* there! :smoke out: :flyhigh: Older folks often have body aches and other afflictions that can be soothed and *Cured* by Cannabis :sick2: ... and it's wonderful just for creativity and relaxing with friends [​IMG] ... without having any fears of being arrested and thrown into prison! :policeman: ♣ When you find several resonating and peaceful older Hippies to create a wonderful commune with... together you can all easily pay the rent! :daisy: ♣ ♥

2 people like this.
  16. stormountainman

Thank you Cozmic. I worked hard for over 20 years to help legalization in Colorado. I voted in each election, and got others to vote. I would say that by now Colorado should be solidly in the Blue column. Peace & Light to you from the High Country.

1 person likes this.
  17. scratcho

Well, since my lady friend in California passed and I'm semi-retired from our roofing biz---I would have been open to helping start a community of like minded folks. Alas--my kids live here, so I wouldn't move to Colorado or any other place outside of Oregon. But good luck and success is wished for you-all.

1 person likes this.
  18. stormountainman

Condolence for the loss of your loved one, Scratcho. I lost a lady who I loved very much in October of 2012, so I know the feeling. Don't give up on us or the commune. We might come up there to vote for legalization and live a little closer to Annwynn'Bri up in Washington state.

19. scratcho

I'm sorry you lost your loved one also. Happened in June to my friend--so I'm still kind of upset. But-----that's the way life rolls, eh? I'm still checking in and will continue to do so----------Have a great day. Joel

20. stormountainman

Hi Joel, and good to meet you. I am going to make you the first one my my friend list if that is alright? My name is Al