Adult 50 plus Commune Idea

Discussion in 'Communal Living' started by stormountainman, Dec 15, 2013.

1. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

All right … I've just enjoyed a long deep breath. An I'm back to calling genuine Older Hippies who want to do this commune. Interested persons should be genuine Hippies and not Republican Right Wing Evangelical Christians who hate Muslims and Mexicans. A commune is a place of peace, love, and understanding. I don't understand why anyone would want to force Guatemalans and Mexicans to go back to their poverty stricken nation? And Mexicans are great people who cook real well and smell much better than Republicans. Concerning the power and voice in our commune, I've always said we should have a democratic vote to decide our by laws. To qualify for the right to cast a vote, the members have to share or buy into the place. If that commune is purchased by money and credit from only one person, it would make no sense to grant the others equal votes. If you bring your cat or your emu, well … that's not equal share or equal vote. So, now I would like to invite Wiccans to join. I love Wiccans. Wiccans are smart and totally groovy!

2. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Kudos, you have to be honest with yourself before you can be honest with others. And look before you leap. Más vale prevenir que lamentar.

This guy comes across as intolerant as hell. We love Muslims but don't want any Christians? WTF.
    And only Democrats. Republicans smell bad? Yikes.
    And you have to buy in to get a vote. One good idea, anyway -- how about we apply this to the electoral process of the US?

Jane M Knox likes this.
  3. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

My own idea for a commune is one based on Rainbow Warrior poetry. Thankfully, some of our poetry has even been classified as "Vital to the National Defense" because it expresses fuzzy logic that can be used for designing cruise missiles or predicting the weather or whatever. As a result, there are even computers attempting to write our poetry now, and a complete set of 4,430 poems should be spit out by them sometime this decade or so. The poems can treat every word like almost total bullshit, a variable with no intrinsic meaning or value, making their meaning more context dependent. Once we have the complete mathematics, which describe a multidimensional multifractal related to the Golden Ratio, it can be incorporated into AI and VR applications to encourage people to cooperate more often and to just pay it forward suckers!

Although that might sound like pie-in-the-sky, studies have already shown that humanity possesses its own metaethics, which societies use abstract morality and sarcasm to suppress. Simply being raised in an extended family or to regularly use your hands in service to your community is enough to help build resilience and to thrive better in the long run. The issue is intimacy and cultivating contentment, which can be done by addressing all the Three Stooges slapstick directly and lovingly, by offering alternative lifestyles and using technology that supports our humanity. Our poems being based on our children's own potty mouth nursery rhymes makes their mathematics sacred to us, and we never hit or even yell at our children if we can help it.

Like every child of God and the One Truth, we don't believe for one minute anybody really wants to live that way. Our poems are the proof, for they always speak louder than any of our words.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  4. stormountainman

The White Christian land stealers and killers of native Americans did not get Green Cards. They just came to this part of the world as illegals. White Christians did not buy in. The just murdered and took from the natives. As for the commune that I'm trying to get off the ground here: If I sign on the dotted line for the mortgage, I have say so as to who gets to live with me. You and the other one haven not filled out papers or shared in the costs. I already had four homeless people live with me for free and they were good people. They were Hippies … real Hippies. They were not hate filled evangelical Christians who hate all other races and religions. If you want that sort of commune go and start one on your own. Mine is for real OLD Hippies who are good people, who care about others, and are tolerant of others, and who don't want a warped version of Christianity forced on them. Your version of Christianity is not the truth. It looks more like the KKK political platform.

5. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

I think you may have done one hit too many.
    Or hit your noggin.
    You've given me enough material to write a book.
    My summary is you lack knowledge of and are ill informed of Christianity. My opinion is You should seek out an old hippie pastor to have a few sessions with prior to printing nonsense.

As for the incoming settlers being the bad guys and the established inhabitants the mistreated good guys ---- does this apply today?

6. stormountainman

Yes … it applies today just like the reparations for the families of the former slaves. There were millions of slaves who were robbed of their freedom by the White Christians. Their labor was stolen. The Whites have profited from the work of the slaves and now they must pay. The issue is before Congress today. And for your information, one out of every fine slaves was a Muslim. America enslaved hundreds of thousands of Muslims. These Muslims were not allowed to remain Muslims. They were forced to become Christians and worship Jesus … in the American style. Only a few letters which were written by the slaves survived to tell us about what their life was like. They did tell us that the Christian slave masters confiscated all their property and the letters which they tried to send to their families back in Africa. The letters were written in Arabic. You can see some of them online.

7. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Cool.

8. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I'd like to have a personal conversation on this subject. This thread is 36 pages long and is too labor intensive to read through.

9. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Goats are widely recognized as requiring a certain type of personality, and if you can enjoy raising goats on commune, you are doing something right.

Driftrue likes this.
  10. stormountainman

Hi Duncan, I am willing to listen to anything you wish to tell me. I've said over and again on this thread that I wish to start a commune for OLDER Hippies. In my years of travel I met many older Hippies who lived alone in government apartments and some were in homeless shelter … but really all alone, because they had no family, or because they felt no one cared about them. So, I want to do this in Hippy Spirit and good will … good intentions as Jiddu Krishnamurthy would say, as Thik Naht Han would say. I would love to have members from various backgrounds. What I don't want are members who come to dominate all the others and demand that we accept Jesus as our personal savior according to John 3:16 of the New Testament. If your religion is Zoroastrianism, you are welcome. If you are Sufi, come along! But please don't bring Mike Pence style hate to our commune. I like to think our commune would be regarded in time as a sacred place of peace and love. I now live in conservative Indiana and the ultra-right Christians here tell me every day, "There is only ONE WAY to get to heaven." And they tell me over and again, "All other religions are wrong, because their Christianity is THE TRUTH." Well my friend Duncan, I have been to school and know the truth is not American White Christianity.

11. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

^^^^ yeah... Mike pence is the hater. But you love everybody, including Mike pence and all Christians.
    Hang on... my pig just sprouted wings.

"Been to school..."

12. stormountainman

Mike Pence is a hater. He turned the Great State of Indiana into the Hate State of Indiana.

13. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

You convinced me with that rock-hard evidence!

Where the heck is that dang clown icon??

14. stormountainman

Had you figured for a Pence supporter. I can spot them like a Pointer can spot Blue Grouse.

15. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

The great white hope picked him so he must have some favorable attributes.

16. stormountainman

Favorable to KKK membership.

17. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

For a "truckero", you seem to stop a lot. Or post while rolling.

18. stormountainman

OK Hippies, now that we have calm after the organized attack by the White Nationalists who presented a theatrical performance, we can resume our effort to put together a Collectivist Social Democrat Hippy Commune for OLDER Hippies who wish to live together without being forced to worship Jesus or Trump or Pence. Hippy values have never been the values of the Alt-right White Nationalists who today are nothing more than false fronts for the KU Klux Klan. Our commune should be established on the common human interest and mutual respect of people who respect each other, unlike the Alt Right White Nationalists who attempt to dominate others at every turn in life's road. In this commune, I don't wish to listen to Sean Insanity, or Billy Coilyhams, or Buck Schmuxton, or Todd Stumps. I want to listen to some good New Age music and get my news from CNN, MSNBC, NPR, Democracynow, Voltairenet, Al Jezeera, Al Zamman, El Rafidain, Majalla Aftaab, and other reliable non-American sources which offer an alternative to FAKE NEWS which has its origins in the Republican Party disinformation machine.

Also, we have all agreed on growing our organic non-GMO non-corporate food garden. And most of us are Vegetarian or almost there anyways. So, I would like a vote on prohibiting guns on our commune property. A prohibition on guns is first rooted in the idea that we don't need to kill a rabbit or a deer to eat. These animals are LIVING BEINGS who have feelings, which is more than White Nationalist Republicans could say for themselves. If the White Nationalists want to eat Big Macs like Trump, then they should go and join a Republican Big Mac eater's commune.

For decorations inside the house, I would like to put up pictures of President Obama, and Elijah Cummings, and Malcom X, Leo Tolstoy, Karl Marx, Lenny Bruce, John Bellushi, Rodney Dangerfield, and of Mohamad Ali. I would not want pictures of Ronald Reagan or any other Republican. So, let's get started with this true to goodness Hippy Commune!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  19. stormountainman

Don't worry about it.

20. Amontillado

Amontillado Member extraordinaire HipForums Supporter

I saw an article on the Washington Post's site titled ‘This will be catastrophic’: Maine families face elder boom, worker shortage in preview of nation’s future. Of course Maine is typical of rural states, with many young people having moved away, and the older generation left behind. Like Indiana, maybe. But hippies or straight folk face the same problem--lots of baby boomers entering our years of senior citizenship, and we need more and more care services, and who's going to provide them?

So although I thought Stormmountainman's idea was kind of funny years ago (see the first page), now I wonder if he has a point. If the young folk aren't around to take care of us as we get old, can we provide help for each other? Suppose there were cooperative old people's homes, where part of the rent for the more active people would be taking care of the more feeble ones? I'm not saying it would necessarily be totally self-sustaining, but maybe some amount of mutual help would reduce the need for younger staff. Stormmountainman, you could end up getting lots of credit for this.

Here's the article:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...ecafc6-bec1-11e9-b873-63ace636af08_story.html

stormountainman likes this.