Adult 50 plus Commune Idea

Discussion in 'Communal Living' started by stormountainman, Dec 15, 2013.

1. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Well, the weather here is just FANTASTIC ----as usual. Makes us forget how closed in the winter can seem when it's in the 70s--80s now. It really doesn't freeze much here in the valley and the winter weather lasts from November until April, but it's rare to get snow. Coast range a few miles to the west, the BIG ones a few miles to the east. Trees and more trees. Deer, turkeys and the usual forest critters are ever present and occasionally a mountain lion or a bear comes to town. I have only heard a car horn twice in the 13 years I have been here. People are super considerate on the roads and always stop- to allow one to join traffic. I like that.
    I'm thinking of fixing my little place up, selling it and getting a nice travel trailer to do another few trips before I go to the big roof in the sky. If Oregon is the place chosen--------I could see myself participating.

stormountainman likes this.
  2. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Oregon just might be chosen. Oregon has good benefits for old ones like us. The Oregonian women still wear leather sandals and tie dye shirts and skirts. They still bake home made bread. Last time I was there they didn't seem to mind if I snore. At least I didn't get hit over the head with a two by. About that motorhome/travel trailer: Check out EEL CREEK CAMPGROUND just south of Reedsport! Just fabulous!

3. stormountainman

Ok all you potential commune dwellers! What are we going to do if women join up with us? Do we each get our own space or do we have a separate area for the women folk? Do we have cohabitation rooms or area? What if one of the women walks into the common area where we play our guitars and sing and she declares, "Men, I'm feeling neglected! I want someone to massage my breasts!" What if she wants to be kissed by one of us aging hippies? Scratcho, Mister T, are there any volunteers or do I have to do everything?

tuatara and scratcho like this.
  4. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Well, as stated it could be a chore for sure, but I suppose I could back you in some of these endeavors if it didn't become a habit by wanton women just trying to take advantage of good hearted old hippies. I mean---there's a limit , you know.

5. stormountainman

Amen Brother. We'll have to draft a plan on how we'll interview all these retired hippy women who want to live with us!

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Come on now... You know that doesn't happen in real life.

7. stormountainman

Oh yes it does, Mister T. A while back I had a sexy Canadian woman pull my hair and order me around! Women could be very demanding, once they get fixated on a guy..

8. Tyrsonswood

Come on now... You know that doesn't happen in real life.

9. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

Well...
    I know two people fit in an RV shower..
    I'm sure we'll find a way to hand this

10. stormountainman

Mister T, I knew a woman who used to demand I move my tongue up and down then left to right. Some women can be very assertive and demanding. They also tend to be natural born leaders, very bossy. Some guys like say Trump would not be able to handle them. I've learned to go along with her demands and even let her pull my hair from time to time, just to keep her in my bed! In a communal living scenario, the women could become assertive and start ordering us guys about!

11. stormountainman

I've done the RV thing before, Snowtigger. Actually, it's fun and you conserve water too. That aught to piss off several thousand Republicans!

12. stormountainman

A woman once walked into my homeless campsite and said, "Ubertino! Do you mind if I call you Ubertino? I am an American aristocrat and I want you to cook an Italian supper for me tonight. I want that pasta with the spinach in it...but don't spend too much time folding the ravioli envelopes. I want wine...red and sultry. I want you to kiss my breasts and tell me all about your Hippy Commune. Will you allow women to join your commune?

13. Tyrsonswood

And that's when you woke up from that dream. right?

14. stormountainman

What? That woman stalked me for months! She followed me to the west coast saying, "Oh my Ubertino! Come hither to, Ubertino!"

scratcho likes this.
  15. cherrypiefly

cherrypiefly Guest

I guess I'll have to wait until I'm an old lady to join the commune lol

16. stormountainman

You are very welcome to join our commune! We'll have a vote on how to operate things. We'll most likely grow veggies and sing around the bon-fire, or at the fire place inside during cold months. Each of us have special skills to help the other residents, for example cooking, gardening, carpenter/home repair, computer repair, auto repair, etc. That way we could all save money and be able to get by from month to month. Could you please write back and tell us about your skills? Scratcho and me are in for sure. Snowtigger is also very interested. Mister T may join or may remain in Ohio where he does own a house. So, please write back and tell us more!

snowtiggernd likes this.
  17. cherrypiefly

cherrypiefly Guest

Well I play guitar, acoustic and electric. I write poems and I watch The Simpsons with my cat. I can also do rain dances when the crops get dry, since I can latin dance. And to top it off, I can probably think up a creative solution if the apocalypse comes, using said skills.

18. stormountainman

Oh...I love Flamingo dances! And I love the Machete dance where the boys clash their machetes and make them spark! If we get a place in Arizona or Nevada we'll have to have the rain dance. Pinto beans require rain. I also like Frejoles Madamas which they eat in Africa, places like Morocco. Snow Tigger knows all about farming so we can have lots of food. Scratcho knows how to build and install roofs. You'll need to talk with him if you want your own room, or if you want to bunk with one of us? I always wanted to be roommates with Una Colligiana but I snore a lot!

19. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

Iv planted and cultivated a lot of Pinto and Navy beans over the years. We don't raise em any more though.

20. stormountainman

Beans are a must...good and good for you! Beans, Beans the musical fruit! The more you eat the more you toot! The more you toot the better you feel! So eat your beans with every meal!

snowtiggernd likes this.