Adult 50 plus Commune Idea

Discussion in 'Communal Living' started by stormountainman, Dec 15, 2013.

1. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Mexico will invite you and your SS check . Do not try to come alone .

2. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Care to explain?

3. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Your future income will be verified or not as stable and adequate . Inquire with authorities for specifics .

4. stormountainman

OK thanks Tikoo. I understand this time. Costa Rica and other places want to verify you have income too. We are running out of good safe places to live.

5. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Eskimo thought they had a safe place to live when far enough north un-peaceful people quit following them . Ya , we
    came from the South . Peace is in the North .

I'll have a good feeling about North Korea just for the absence of street (security) lights .

6. stormountainman

?

North Korea is a very beautiful country, from what I've seen from the pictures on the internet. The people must be very friendly, because they are poor, in the economic sense of the word. Poor people like the homeless kind tend to be nice. In America there is much hate toward the homeless. I read today the city of Anaheim California took away portable toilets from the homeless people so they would be forced to poop and pee in buckets. The city leadership must think that hurting people's feelings would force them to go away; however, if homeless people go away from one town to the next, where would they go in the end? Would they be forced out to go to North Korea? Is North Korea as heartless as the Republican controlled America?

7. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

We get back to the Garden . But seems it is guarded ... so it is spirit war , not political . Be good . Compost shit for
    love of potatoes . And I understand pooping and peeing in the same place is bad spirit .

A modern toilet is forgetfulness .

8. stormountainman

I have found several parcels of land in northern California and Oregon that are very cheap...like $16 K for 10 acres. In Upper Pen Michigan the forest land is also very reasonable and there is good clean water there. If any of you are interested get back with me.

9. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Michigan isn't very far away from here.... Much colder though.

1 person likes this.
  10. stormountainman

Hi Mister T. You've said that before. Do you have room for several others or available property next door, or near you? I wouldn't mind Ohio as long as there aren't locals who would lynch hippies or darkies or commies. The important point that I've held all along is that people our age who rely on limited funds could live better and help each other in a communal setting. It would be great to get together around a bon fine and play guitars and sing with a bunch of good friends. Lots of old hippies are just stuck in apartments alone behind locked doors, with no company or visitors.

11. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

9500$
    Plover , Iowa

Commercial listing :

3 lots , Post Office building , large shed
    Nearest hippie town : Pomeroy - blues and folk music every Sunday at 5pm - Olddeadheads .

1 person likes this.
  12. stormountainman

That sounds sweet! I could listen to some Roy Bucannon and Buddy Guy and Stevie Ray and Ry Cooder!

13. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Byron's Bar has bands and song-writers , and many are on tour . It can be a stop-over gig between Denver , Minneapolis , Chicago .
    Admission price is ten dollars . Last week featured a Gdead cover band from Des Moines .

14. stormountainman

15. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

There a guy trying to start tipi manufacturing in White Clay.

16. stormountainman

Hi Tigger, that sounds cool. I like TPs. I like the White Clay area. There is some gang problem in Pine Ridge. I have some very close friends in Fort Collins who are Lakota from Pine Ridge. They tell me this Rez gang is very mean. So I don't mind White Clay or the other little towns in Northern Nebraska. My kid lives in Fort Collins so I like being close. What I found out here on HF is that a lot of people wish to do this commune thing. They just don't want to be the first to take the plunge. I don't want to pay for the whole thing because then it would not be a commune. If six of us do this then we all need to have equal shares and equal rights and equal votes. If I sign for a mortgage and put the down payment down at the bank then...well lots of things change. The thing that I like about the commune idea is Community. Sometimes when people live together they get closer. I got close to some cool people in Fort Collins about five years ago. Some lived on the streets, some in homes. I lived in my camper, plugged in at a friend's farm. The whole group used to meet at a day shelter for homeless people and drink coffee, and gab, and gossip. They were a good bunch. We lost a couple due to health issues. Some still keep in touch with me. Some got ran out of town by the cops. The cops seem to zero in on people who live on the streets. So, if we do this we need to do the homework...like a background check on the town, and vote. I'm willing to do my part.

17. stormountainman

After watching the hurricane damage to Texas, Florida, and Puerto Rico, I am convinced to seek out land that would be safe for us. The four corners area is safe as far as terrible weather goes. I was told back in the 1970s that the Hopi and Navajo always said their homelands were safe from these types of cataclysmic events. So, if we could vote on a chunk of land there and see what the costs are for us to move in, I would be delighted. Grand Junction and Durango Colorado are near there and offer all the services we would need.

18. Amontillado

Amontillado Member extraordinaire HipForums Supporter

Four Corners to Grand Junction is 259 road miles! I think the nearest large town (large by local standards, maybe) to Four Corners is Cortez, about 40 miles. Wikipedia says population 9007.

1 person likes this.
  19. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Paonia ,Colorado is just to the south of Grand Junction . It has much good water and a temperate micro-climate . Old
    hippies live there . I have curiously visited and I found people in that area appropriately odd and kind . Housing may
    be more available in the larger town near-by .

20. stormountainman

I lived in Colorado for-more than 35 years and when I drove a truck for a living I made deliveries to Cortez. It's nice enough. It's more true desert than most other places on the west slope. I am open to any good location where we can get along locally and get what we need, like clean water. I'll have to check on their local laws concerning rain water collection for our own use. We are just going to have to vote on a location. To do that we'll have to agree on what we want as far as rules for the commune. I would like to do this soon. It seems we have at least eight or nine people interested.