Addictions(including the net) and psychological disorders rollcall PART 1

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by IamnotaMan, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Wild Mountain Dave

Wild Mountain Dave Rainbow

;) aight, then. tonight??? We can put milk jugs on and go at it.

2. Hyphy

Hyphy Duke of Earl

Did anybody else hear that supposedly if you're addicted to something that you feel like you have to take a shit before you do that certain thing? I think Marilyn Manson wrote that in his book.

3. Wild Mountain Dave

Wild Mountain Dave Rainbow

hmmm, that's no good.

4. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

Do you consider lucid dreaming a disorder?

5. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

it is if you have them too often. when i have insomnia, which isn't often anymore, i lucid dream too much. my brain ends up completely exhausted and i feel like i haven't slept at all.

6. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

Oh, well that is understandable. I didn't know it could get like that. I love it... can't do it enough.

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

conveniently, i'm addicted to defecating.

8. WeetzieBat

WeetzieBat Member

I'm a compulsive spender. My paycheck only lasts the day I get it. I smoke pot all day every day so I guess I'm addicted to that. I'm a crazy hypochondriac and I suffer from depression and general anxiety which I am on medication and seeing a counselor for.

9. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

I pretty much have an addictive personality. If I like something a lot, I'm going to want to do it a lot. I try not to though. As far as psychological disorders, OCD, ADD, depression, depersonalization, anxiety, and social phobia.
    Yep, I've got a lot of problems.

10. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

I'd say Cannabis, beer (good beer), and Ciggs are my biggest day to day addictions. Although I will routinely quit one of the three every once in a while to make sure I still can.

Insomnia, procrastination.

11. Greengirl

Greengirl Senior Member

well....i have always been easily disrupted by the way i look.i can get easily depressed over this so i guess that`s my disorder

12. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

I'd say lucid dreaming is a huge gift - if u haven't had to develop the skill.

Had one about people here last night , but I think I'll pass on saying the details.... :)

13. IamnotaMan

BTW do the ADD people consider it a gift , a disorder or something to be managed?
    How do you manage it?

Its probably a whole thread for me...:eek::(:)

14. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

Haha okay.
    Yeah, I try to do it every night. I had to practice for awhile before I got the hang of it, but it's a lot of fun.

I do not consider ADD a gift. Who would? Being scatterbrained and not being able to pay attention sucks.
    Do you have it?

15. IamnotaMan

Lots of people consider ADD a gift.But a curse if not managed.

I don't like the tag "disorder".Non-ADD people would struggle if the world was multitask based.
    The ADD mind is better at scanning , going into extreme mode and multitasking.
    So lots of CEOs etc have it.But its crap for say someone who needs to be tunnel visioned etc

Mine's been good , and bad.I handle it via methods but would never take drugs.
    Do u manage it??

16. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

That's a wonderful way to look at it! I actually never thought of it that way. I don't like labels either, I think they limit people's true potential. I mean, some people are just better geared for different things. Not everybody is the same, and that's a good thing.
    Do I manage it? Not necessarily... I do find it easy to multi-task though. Maybe you could PM me and tell me your methods?

17. IamnotaMan

Sure no prob , I'll mail sthg hopefully later today.
    I noticed Zilla said she was ADD too.Perhaps we shouldve done a "support group" thread LOL

Lots of things , I think would be hard to do if u werent ADD.
    But true , it can be an utter bastard if handled wrongly
    ( One thing , I'm trying to cut down on coming here - due to it...!)

18. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

Thanks! :) But no need to rush.
    This place can be pretty ADD inducing (is that what you meant?). I open a bunch of new threads in different tabs, read them, then repeat.

19. IamnotaMan

No prob.:)
    Exactly .Thats one of the reasons I've left for many months on end.
    Sometimes I'd done 150 posts in a year .But I've done 1500 in 6 mths or so.

A bit like fire- can warm your hands , or burn your house down....:eek:
    Will speak later :)

20. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

I tend to be a bit reliant on alcohol. But I don't like to use the word addicted.

I was doing good, but noticed I started having more anxiety issues when I cut back as much as I did. Figured I would get back on track after the holidays, but it's been difficult. Not that I drink a ton, mind you, just a few...although every evening, which is something I don't want to be doing. But I had been doing so well not even having any for days and days at a time, then I fell back into the whole trap again, now trying to get out. I just need to use more self control I guess. I know I can do it, but there's always been an excuse lately why I need a drink to relax me. No more excuses, I need to get my butt back on track again. *sighs*