Adam & Eve ... The Untold Story.

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by Dax, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Dax

Dax Members

Thank you for reading.

Candy Gal likes this.
  2. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

It was good.
    I made a comment too. x

3. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

No, they have Netanyahu's instead !!! :wink:

Running Horse likes this.
  4. Dax

Dax Members

Going off topic for a minute Horse, is it a coincidence that the first of The Dead Sea Scrolls were like "found" a couple of years before the afternoon of May 14, 1948?

5. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Wild guess here, but was it by a man and a woman having sex?

6. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Yes.....

7. Dax

Dax Members

"Sigh ....................."

8. Dax

Dax Members

Okay.

9. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Mycean confrances? What were those? Are you possibly meaning Nicene conferences (i.e., Councils)? Those accomplished some important things, but deciding which books to include in the canon wasn't among them. Your fractured view of church history won't get us far in understanding what really happened.

Gul Dukat likes this.
  10. Dax

Dax Members

Thank you for replying. Its your constitutional right to differ and to voice your opinion. Take care now and have an awesome day.

11. Gul Dukat

Gul Dukat Kanar, anyone?

What he stated about the Council of Nicea is factual, not an opinion.

Tishomingo likes this.
  12. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a serious discussion or not, but in case it is: no part of the Hebrew Bible is "undeniably documented" to a certain date. Genesis, in the form of a continuous narrative, was probably written no earlier than the seventh century, more likely the Babylonian exile in the 6th century B.C.E., and possibly the Persian period. The various stories that made it up were floating around for centuries before, first as oral tradition, later as writings. The alternate Adam and Eve stories, though, probably date to the 2nd and #rd centuries C.E., when the Gnostics developed alternative versions to what became the orthodox Christian version. Some of these portrayed Yahweh as an evil god preventing Adam and Eve from attaining Enlightenment and the serpent as good for encouraging them to eat the forbidden fruit. Saint Irenaeus took the lead in suppressing these versions as heresy.

Dax likes this.
  13. Dax

Dax Members

Actually I wasn't referring to that specific point. I'm well aware of what happened at Nicea. (Sometimes even the most gifted of mortals make typing errors.) This is the opinion .... Your fractured view of church history won't get us far in understanding what really happened. Thanx for your interest anyway. Have a nice day.

14. Dax

Dax Members

It was supposed to be a serious discussion. Its just that I am wary of stories that have been told and re-told orally for generations. What finally is declared gospel (excuse the pun) is nine times out of ten very far from what was really observed at the outset.

15. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

The post I was replying to was Themnax's, not yours. You may be aware of what happened at Nicaea, but he didn't seem to be. Nicaea developed important church doctrine but didn't deal with the canon of scripture. The scripture we're referring to is the Hebrew Bible or "Old Testament". If we're talking about Genesis, I doubt that any of it was really observed. It's myth, and the truth of it is allegorical.