Adam & Eve ... The Untold Story.

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by Dax, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Dax

Dax Members

Too long to post here so go read it on my Blog.

2. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Shameless self-promotion.....I can dig it

Driftrue and Gul Dukat like this.
  3. Dax

Dax Members

Coohil.

4. Dax

Dax Members

Okay Horse you can call it by many names .... However even tho I haven't been a member here very long, I have been able to suss out what people here like and what they dislike. One thing I know for sure is that most members don't have the time to read looooooong winded stories. So if I had posted "Adam & Eve" on any Forum here the chances are that very few people would have read it. So I put it in my Blog so that those who didn't want to miss out on the story could read it at their leasure. It really is a side splitting tale!

Actually you should check out my Blog every now and then to see what you missing.

5. Running Horse

Sure if and when I've the time I'll check out your blog.

Pertaining to your entry about the Books of Adam and Eve it's all good and fine to read such for mere entertainment but there is a very good reason as to why they weren't considered canonically. The earliest known date for their having been pinned is mid to late first century AD. Contrast this with the dating of Genesis somewhere between 1450-1400 BC and we can see why the former never made the cut. Furthermore to call them "lost books of the bible" is disingenuous and misleading considering that neither text has ever been included in the Holy Scriptures wether Christian or Jewish.

6. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I'd have been more likely to read it if it were here in this thread. But now my curiosity is aroused. *wearily clicks onwards*

Mountain Valley Wolf and Eric! like this.
  7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the real "untold story" is auldivoi, ethiopia, 26,000 plus years ago. whole earth was forest or most of it. humans trashed the place, then invented a god to blame it on. end of story.
    not that i'm saying there wasn't or couldn't have been a god or billions of them. just that they owe nothing to what we tell each other, even in any scripture, "lost" or otherwise.
    and very likely, should they choose to exist, have little if anything, to do with most of what they're accused of or is attributed to them.
    not that they couldn't. not saying that either. just that what is not known is not known. (and probably a great deal more wondrously diverse then any belief even has or can imagine)

Running Horse likes this.
  8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

9. Dax

Dax Members

10. Dax

Dax Members

To be honest, I really couldn't give a flying flamingo if there are 66 books in the christian bible or 666 books. There must be a reason why these books were excluded in the first place. They all make perfect sense to me. Were they excluded because they would cause so called "believers" to question some stuff in the bible?

11. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

The serpent was the hero of the story. It brought knowledge to humanity and suffered for it.

12. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

sort of. the answer to that is in the history of the first and second mycean confrances, when and where which books to include and which not to, was decided and the politics and other events and by whom and why. a lot had to do with the real motivation of saul of tarsus and the politics of an already corrupted roman empire. you do know about the bloodbath in which the first mycean council ended, and how the paulists had stacked the deck for the second? basically christianity threw christ under the bus in the process. which was really for the sake of roman politics, which was really one hell of a mess.

and no one knows "what god said". only what humans god may have choosen to be chanelled by have said god said, and even that is so he said she said.

again what is not known is not known, but there is a real history, of what humans have done, and there in tells the tale.

Dax likes this.
  14. Dax

Dax Members

Don't read stuff that makes you sleepy dude ... Read stuff that excites you and keeps you awake and on your toes!:grinning:

15. Running Horse

According to all official accounts of the choosing of canon all of these books were excluded due to 1-3 reasons.

1: Questionable authorship
    2: Non-apostolic authorship
    3:Non-prophetic authorship

Take from that what you will

16. Dax

Dax Members

Your three reasons can all equally apply to the christian bible. Who the hell was 100% certain by whom and why stuff was written around 1450-1400 BCE?

17. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

This reminded me of the day at school when we had to write an essay on the birth of Jesus.

One bright lad wrote an account of the virgin birth, starting with Joseph who was either gay, or being a carpenter had accidentally chopped something off.
    It then moved on to how the shepherds (who Mary seemed quite fond of), passed the time while they were watching their flocks by night.

The teacher was not amused and the poor lad nearly got expelled from the school.

Tishomingo and Dax like this.
  18. Dax

Dax Members

Actually the way Jesus was really conceived can be found in the Forgotten Books of Eden as well.

wilsjane likes this.
  19. Running Horse

Documentation man. The evidence for the dating of Genesis(the book to which dates you referred are attributed) is undeniably documented to have existed as seen in the bible as far back as 1400 BC. The Forgotten Books of Adam and Eve only can be found in written form some 500-700 years after Christ's death. If the stories found therein existed prior to the writing (likely did) they were only transmitted orally.

Those 3 reasons are what were used to compile the Christian bible. Jews do not have apostles.

20. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

I read it.