Acv Nasal Solution

Discussion in 'Let Food Be Your Medicine' started by Aerianne, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm going to use two tsp. raw apple cider vinegar and 6 ozs. of sterilized water to make a nasal spray solution.

I'll let you know how this goes!

I've had sinus issues for at least 8 months and now I have the strange symptom of there being some dark charcoal gray colored mucus when I blow my nose.

I've read that this can be a sign of a fungal infection.

So, I'm going to try to treat it with ACV.

2. Aerianne

I just used the ACV/Water solution and didn't die!

At first you think, I AM GOING TO DIE!!!; then, in one second (literally) it stops burning.

Pretty cool.

I'll update as to how the sinus situation is.

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Lol that sounds so fucking painful, I'm glad you didn't die.

I have sinus issues so maybe I'll try this one day. I usually just do a neti pot with regular ol water and sodium.

4. Aerianne

There are recipes for adding baking soda and 3% peroxide to that. I've done those before.

5. Aerianne

The ACV solution worked pretty well. After using it 3 times on Monday, I woke up far less congested this morning.

6. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

Dark charcoal mucus? Oh man, that does not sound good at all....

Can you go to a doctor and get some antibiotics for it???

7. Aerianne

Well, it's not all that color, there is just some stuff that color that seems to have clung more to the inside of my nostrils.

Now, my husband tells me that he has it too and it might be because he's been burning little pieces of pine in his room, for incense.

He stopped so we will see if it clears up quickly.

8. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

Oh, that could very well be why....

I mean, I've pulled some black crap out of my nose after camping trips before.

9. Aerianne

Here's hoping.

[​IMG]

10. Aerianne

Mucal Update, lol

I'm still having some of the charcoal colored mucus come out.

The weird thing is that hubby is too and it's been days since he burned any wood in here.

It's just strange to me that, if this is a fungal thing, we both have it.

I'm giving it a little more time on the ACV.

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

That really can't be good. How's the air quality where you are? I could see something like that happening in an area with dense smog, but you don't exactly live in Beijing lol.

Or could be a reaction to a mold maybe? My friend lived in a house with mold growing in the walls and had some serious sinus issues before they discovered the mold. Or something fungal like you mentioned.

12. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Just the other night I was looking up natural remedies for the outside cats (the tom that disappeared today) and ACV was at the top of the lists.

It looks like ACV can be used to help heal so many things for both humans and animals I was shocked!

I shouldn't have been shocked however...because guess WHO LOVES ACV! That would be the healthiest 96 yr old I've ever known - Mama! :D

2 people like this.
  13. Aerianne

There's one more thing that I just thought of this morning. Ferro Rods.

Ferrocerium is a man-made metallic material that produces hot sparks at temperatures of about 3,000 °C (5,430 °F) when scraped against a rough surface (pyrophoricity), such as ridged steel. Because of this property it is used in many applications, such as clockwork toys, strikers for gas welding and cutting torches, so-called "flint-and-steel" or "flint spark lighter" fire-starters in emergency survival kitsand cigarette lighters, as the initial ignition source for the primary fuel.[1] It is also commonly called ferro rod and most commonly of all, flint (particularly in cigarette lighters).https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrocerium

Hubby has been playing with these in the house. I've played with them a couple of times but not much.

I'm just trying to think of anything new that we have in common.