Actors you think should have got somewhere but didnt

Discussion in 'Movie Stars' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Sep 28, 2013.

1. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

i saw the highlights seemed like a small role to me.

2. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

Armand Assante has had an acting career. He certainly has the looks of a star but maybe he does not want to be one.

3. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

Awesome actor. His best performance in my opinion was Gotti. They could not have found a better actor for that role. The trouble is, I think he's been stereotyped in that type of role.

4. happydude_60

There are some decent actors who just dropped off the face of the earth. I'm watching St. Elmo's Fire again right now and noticed Jenny Wright. I thought she was promising at one time. I liked her in Near Dark. Her last acting credit on IMDB was in 1998. Another is Meg Tilly. She was great in Agnes of God and Psycho II, but I haven't seen much of her lately. In fact, from 1995-2010 she apparently didn't do anything. She does have one called Antibirth in post-production though. I think she took some time out to raise her kids. Hopefully we'll see more of her. And what happened to Joe Pesci and Jack Nicholson? Did they just retire?

5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

my first thought was him too...i kept thinking Luke though couldnt remember his real name

i can only think of two things he was in...there was star wars and then there was that one with the corvette that got stolen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W9pmT6JTO4

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Hamil was in The Kingsman, but he hardly said a word

7. Bilby

I am working my way through the original Star Trek series on DVD. Many I have already seen but I can still enjoy a repeat viewing. Anyway I came across the other day Joan Marshall. What extraordinary good looks with that enigma about her.

Joan Marshall - IMDb

Last edited: Mar 10, 2023
  8. happydude_60

We just lost Fred Thompson. I thought he was an awesome actor. He was great on Law and Order and every film he was in. He'll be missed.

9. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Lou Diamond Phillips

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

so long to reverse mortgage commercial.

11. audrey_the_endotherm

audrey_the_endotherm Members

I believe I read somewhere that Jack Nicholson was having issues relating to memory, which affected his ability to memorize his lines, therefore he stepped away from acting. Perhaps the onset of Alzheimer's disease? I can't conform this to be true though.

I watched the movie Spaceballs the other day. I love 80's movies even so they were before my time. Which had me thinking what ever happened to Rick Morannis, he has really disappeared for the past 20 years.

12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Bruce Campbell

13. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Rick moranis stepped away from acting when his wife died so he could take care of his kids. I guess it was a little slow getting back into things after being away for so long.

14. happydude_60

I did some checking on Jack Nicholson's situation and here's what I found. It sounds more like he's just tired of the kind of movies being made these days:

Here's the article: https://thedissolve.com/news/464-to-clarify-jack-nicholson-is-not-retired-hes-just-/

15. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Peter Weller
    20180316_062727.jpg

I grew up watching him in Buckaroo Banzai, the Robo cops, Firstborn, and after Leviathan, he did a bunch of TV I never watched. Except for a few scenes of SOA.

I would have casted him in combat movies as a high ranking officer, some serious drama father or criminal family member rolls. Easy go to for a criminal or master mind roll. He always had a rough edge demeanor. Never funny.

16. sherman march

sherman march Members

Paul Newman quit acting because he began having trouble remembering lines. Jack Nicholson is still living but must be around 80 by now. He hasn't made a movie in at least 10 years.

17. Bilby

Seen Longmire?