Actors and acting thread

Discussion in 'Performing Arts' started by Marriedactress, Mar 24, 2020.

1. RebeccaSt. James

RebeccaSt. James Members

I've done a few movies. I wouldn't say I have any particular technique. I read my lines.

scratcho and 6Sailor9 like this.
  2. Branleur

Branleur Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I've been an actor. I had a teacher who said, "Acting is wonderful therapy if you don't go into it for therapy. If you do it'll destroy you."

3. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

Just an extra on a few films in nc in mid '80s. Non seg ofcourse. One could do fairly well as an extra were one to be avaible @ odd times. Helps to live close to the action. Sadly i had to miss a few good gigs for various reasons.

4. Constantine666

Constantine666 Members

I don't know if this will blow my cover or not, but it's been it's been 43 years and if she sees this and wants an apology, she can dam well contact me directly and beg.
    In 1980 I was a security guard making $4.15 per hour on the Universal Studios Hollywood Back-lot. It was a rainy day and I was alone securing a Hot Set for Quincy M.E. when Barbi Benton comes rushing onto the stage, demanding I plug in a phone for her, so she can call her publicist. I called my supervisor on the radio, he came down with the producer of the show, and she got kicked off the lot.

I was proud to have caused trouble for the entitled little tramp. Just because she smoked Hefner's pipe a few times doesn't give her the right to mess with someone else's hard work. The afternoon shoot had to be cancelled so they cold make sure she didn't move anything around.

5. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

Ive heard of stuff like this