acne remedies

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by shhhhh im talking, Aug 20, 2005.

1. shhhhh im talking

shhhhh im talking Member

2. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Exfoliate often, use a gentle cleanser, and use jojoba oil as a moisturizer. Drinking plenty of water and eating lots of fresh fruit and vegetables helps a lot too.

If you have any more questions, just ask. I went through years of trial and error with acne so I've tried a lot of different remedies.

3. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

Birth control helped me with acne. I tried EVERYTHING...went to NUMEROUS dermatologists...with no avail.

Then I started b/c and I have hardly had any breakouts since. Acne has to do with hormones...once you harness those...you're good to go.

4. knitin.chick

knitin.chick Members

i mix some tea tree oil in with my moisturizer and rub it on. it seems to help clear up any pimples that i have at the time and prevent further blemishes from popping up.
    also, i read somewhere that severe acne can be linked to zinc deficiency so you may want to try applying a topical zinc cream (ie. penaten) at night. good sources of dietary zinc are pumpkin seeds, whole grains, nuts, beans & lentils, and dairy products. hope that this helps some. :D