Acne...natural remedies??

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Cate8, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Cate8

Cate8 Senior Member

I thought this might be the best place for this thread, so here goes!!

MY skin has never been really clear, and lately it has started breaking out all over again which id rather it didnt! I feel really lost when it comes to cleaning it up I started using a scrub every day, and i started putting olive oil ont he skin then rubbing soap into it, and rinsing off. I have burt's bees moisturizer but I stopped using it right after I cleanse because I feel like my skin needs to dry itself out a little. I also take omega 3,6,9 pills with fish oil.

I feel like I get trapped in nasty cycle because I want to put makeup on to cover the atrocities but I feel like it then creates more. Are there any natural remedies anyone can think of for clearing skin?? thanks!!

2. Ophelia FullOf Grace

Ophelia FullOf Grace Member

It might now work for all people but what I do is make a mask out of regular oatmeal (grind it up into a powder) and add a few drops of milk in it to make a paste, apply as a face mask and let harden on your face! It works amazing for me, but I'm not sure if it actually clears my face up or just makes it smoother, either way, it's great! Best of luck to you!

3. Ophelia FullOf Grace

Ophelia FullOf Grace Member

Also, check into an aspirin face mask, now these REALLY clear my face up, but do not use it if you're allergic to aspirin!

4. CosmicGaia

CosmicGaia Member

I would say the scrubbing your face everyday is probably way to harsh on your skin.Your taking off layers of skin and making it produce more oils which could cause the breakouts.
    and the olive oil is more for moisturizing isnt it? Maybe thats clogging your pores.

You defanitly should check out an asprin mask they help to dry out the acne and make your face look and feel great. Just dont overdo it, to many asprin masks can really damage your skin.
    Steam your face to open up your pores, Take a few uncoated asprins and mix them with a few drops of water or peroxide(this will help draw out bacteria/dirt), leave it on for around 10-15 mins, rinse off.

A few other things to try:

-Tea tree Oil ( magical for acne)
    -Lemon Juice dabbed on the pimples for a few mins (to long and it slowly will lighten your skin)
    -Chamomile tea face wash

You can also try take apple cider vinegar internally.

5. Cate8

Cate8 Senior Member

Thanks ladies! I fully appreciate your informative replies!!

6. Magical Fire Lady

Magical Fire Lady Senior Member

Tea tree oil helped me out a lot when my skin was bad so I definitely reccommend that! Also if you wear foundation, they make some that don't have oil in them and some that actually are meant to clear up your skin. I've used neutrogena and almay for the kinds that help clear your skin and lately I just got some that just doesn't have oil and thats good too.

7. crazylegs

crazylegs Member

I had acne for a long time and couldn't shake it until I gave up eating sugars. I read somewhere that sugar of all kinds including that in fruit messes with your liver and that is where the acne problem starts. Now I rarely eat fruit and no sugar at all and my face is much clearer. I've found that it's also a good idea to go on a low fat diet because this is easier for the liver to handle. Also I've heard stay away from cigarette smoke and also pot which stresses the liver too.

8. fitzy

fitzy Member

I know this is gonna sound like a commercial, but you should try proactiv. I just started it a month ago, and the difference is unreal. I thought it wouldn't work but it totally did and I'm so happy now!!!

9. HomicidalMercury

HomicidalMercury Member

The advice I've seen recently (I have the same problem) is to wash your face a few times a day with cold water (it's suspost to help blood flow.)

I have also seea a lot of recomendations for viteman A or Zinc.

I an trying the Vit. A right now myself.

10. FinnishButterfly

FinnishButterfly JennyJelly

Okay, so the main thing is watch your diet, duh, excerize, duh, 8 glasses of water a day, only use an unscented ivory soap, and use some tea tree oil. Then you'll be happy with your skin, or if you don't feel like doing that, I sell an awesome acne facewash & toner too. So. . . yeah. . . there ya go.

11. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

90% of my acne (face, back, chest) went away when i stopped eating meat and dairy, but mostly the dairy. I've talked to a lot of people that are actually lactose intolerant in this way without realizing it. when i have cheese (once in a blue moon), i usually break out for about two or three days afterwards.

also, proactiv really does work. but i don't necessarily like using chemicals and stuff on my face anymore so i stopped using it. but when i did use it, it worked very very very well. like voodoo magic or something.

12. ImaMuffin

ImaMuffin Member

drink LOTS of water and excercise a reasonable amount daily. I don't have perfect skin, but it's a lot better than in was before I started really taking care of myself that way.

13. -moonshine-memi-

-moonshine-memi- Member

tea tree oil on pimples themselves.

vitamin E oil on blemishes and scars.

14. rmrm05

rmrm05 Member

My Tip.... it worked VERY, VERY well for me... using fresh (torn up) or dry basil, make a "tea" with boiling water, let sit for 15 min, strain! (lol, tho i have done it with "chunks" of basil stuck to my face its easier to walk around etc without it!). Let cool til luke warm then pat onto your clean, dry face using a cotton ball. wait til it dries and repeat. do this 3-5 times, one layer of the basil toner on top of another. When the final layer has dried, rinse well with plain warm water. Pat face dry. You can keep the left over "tea" in the fridge for use the next day, but i'd throw it out after 2 days.

For those nasty "broken" pimples (we're talking the pus-less scabs here, gross way to describe I know...) paw paw balm all the way, once or twice a day. It takes away the red, heals it 50 times faster and minimises any scars!

-rm

15. Giovanni420

Giovanni420 Member

visualize yourself with no acne when you wash ur face... :/