Acid Vs. Shrooms- Same or Different?!

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by hebrewnational00, Apr 17, 2007.

1. kidsmoke

kidsmoke Member

i'm pretty sure you can do an A/B extraction of mushies just like you would do for cactus or any of the DMT plants. it would leave you with reasonably pure psilocyban crystals.

i've never had a reason to try it since i really don't mind eating them in the first place.

2. Peterness

Peterness Member

Yes it is possible too perform an extraction of psilocybin using similar methods to mescaline and DMT containing plants as you say. I have known a couple of people successfully do this, though I personally couldn't see much point as I have no qualms about eating mushrooms, even in higher doses (60 grams fresh+) with some fresh root ginger I experience little/no nausea.

Also it could well turn out that extracted psilocybin may cause more nausea than eating the mushroooms. I know the same is true with many people who consume extracted mescaline vs cactus.

3. kidsmoke

kidsmoke Member

of course, the plant mass will slow the absorption and lessen alkaloid shock to one's system.

4. eman resu

eman resu Senior Member

Im talking strait up pure crystal. You would need a chemist who really knows his shit.

5. Peterness

Peterness Member

When a shaman ingests magic mushrooms which contain psilocybin it is converted into psilocin in the body. There are only subtle differences in ingesting synthesized psilocin and naturally occuring mushrooms such as potency and whatever other chemicals can be found in the mushroom. It is possible that this subtle difference may make all the difference for shamanic a purpose, that’s a complicated area of inquiry. But Albert Hofmann and Maria Sabina may offer some insight:

“When I was in Mexico on an expedition with my friend Gordon Wasson in 1963, in search of a hallucinogenic plant, we also visited the famous curandera Maria Sabina in Huautla de Jimenez. We were invited to attend a nocturnal mushroom ceremony in her hut, but as it was late in the year and no more mushrooms were available, I supplied her with pills containing synthetic psilocybin. She took a rather strong dose corresponding to the number of mushrooms she usually ingests. It was a gala performance assisted by a number of people of Maria Sabina’s clan. At dawn when we left the hut, our Mazateca interpreter told us that Maria Sabina had said there was no difference between the pills and the mushrooms. This was a final proof that our synthetic psilocybin was identical in every respect with the natural product.”

-Albert Hofmann (discoverer of LSD)

http://animamrecro.wordpress.com/2006/05/14/natural-vs-synthetic/

Yeah this confirms it's possible to create psilocybin in a lab then...But I doubt you'd ever find any on the street. Just far too expensive and inefficent and thus not worthwhile to do it. No market for it. Also the CSAU website says it's very difficult to store synthetic psilocybin.

6. kidsmoke

kidsmoke Member

Well, it certainly HAS been done. Pharmacologically, there is no difference at all between the two, because like you said psilocybin is just metabolized into psilocin, or as Shulgin said maybe one of the analogues; 4-HO-NMT and 4-HO-T.

Psilocybin would be a better idea to synthesize, though it be two additional steps, it is far more stable as the phosphate ester. Dried mushrooms will rarely contain psilocin because it oxidizes rapidly. This could make freshies potentially twice as strong.

7. Peterness

Peterness Member

^^Wouldn't say "twice as strong".

I don't know anyone that can tell the difference between 4 grams of dry mushrooms and the equivalent 40 grams of fresh mushrooms. I certainly haven't really notice any difference between dry and fresh mushrooms in terms of effects. This is why I simply x10 the dose if i'm eating fresh mushrooms, or eat 1/10 of a fresh dose if i'm using dry mushrooms...Really never really noticed any difference between psilocybin/cin dry/fresh. I'm not saying their isn't a difference, just that I don't think the majority of users can really distinguish much of a diffeernce, think it's subtle.

That said i always prefer eating mushrooms fresh.

8. kidsmoke

kidsmoke Member

i'm just saying its possible. the alkaloid content of both of those compounds varies widely among the different species. if a particular mushroom contained the same amount of psilocin as psilocybin, you could assume that allowing it to dry completely would cut the activity in half.

9. jaytee

jaytee Member

just want to point out that (on the subject of extracted/synthesized psilocybin/psilocin) that prior to their discovery of acid as an alternative psychedelic, all of the psychedelic pioneers of the early 60s (leary, for instance) tripped with synthetic psilocybin pills.

leary's harvard experiments were based on psilocybin, not LSD and it seems pretty obvious to anyone that knows anything about scientific experimentation that weren't using actual mushrooms: the dosage couldn't ever be determined with any consistency or accuracy as each mushroom contains differing levels of chemicals.

10. Peterness

Peterness Member

cool, never knew that...

what were we talking about again?