Acid + St Johns Wort Anyone?

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by gnomefootlocker, Feb 7, 2009.

1. gnomefootlocker

gnomefootlocker Member

Anyone have experience with this combination? St Johns Wort is a very mild MAOI. But is it strong enough to have any effect on acid?

2. AnyThingButMe

AnyThingButMe Member

ive heard good things about passion extract and 'cid never tryed it tho. give it a whack see what happens

3. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

worth a shot

SJA is mild enough that you don't need to follow dietary rules but strong enough to be perceivable as greater than placebo.

Just keep in mind that MAOIs enhance *all* effects of a drug, including the "bad" "side effects"

4. gnomefootlocker

gnomefootlocker Member

anyone heard of seretonin syndrome? Is this a danger i should worry about?

5. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Ok I just did a bit of google research on this topic and it seems that when it comes to maoi+lsd *specifically* it's a bit fishy because it doesn't seem to work.

MAOIs are more dangerous with some psychedelics than others, for example maoi + psilocin is safe (although retardedly potentiated and different) while maoi + mescaline cacti can be dangerous due to other alkaloids found in cacti.

Like I said though, it doesn't appear that maoi + lsd is effective. It's possible that LSD is simply not metabolized my maos?

ok interesting i found one fishy link of a discussion where someone says its potentiated

I dunno, if it's worth trying for you give it a shot

just be aware that maois change the characteristics of a trip

even a weak maoi like saint johns wort and marijuana causes a very distinct type of high that is noticeably different.

6. gnomefootlocker

gnomefootlocker Member

Thanks for the info! i may just stay away from it for now and take a second tab instead. How is it supposed to affect marijuana?

7. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

makes it much stronger and a little different. the different things are just the effects of maois like sedation and better mood

when i drink sja and smoke mary jane, i get a much more profound stone and i get much higher. my munchies are much worse and im much more tired as well. it's just overall stronger

8. gnomefootlocker

gnomefootlocker Member

you drink it? do you get it in a tincture? make tea? Thanks again for the help.

9. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

You can buy it in tea stores. It's actually very good, especially with honey. It's just regular tea, people have been using it in folk remedies for insomnia and depression for thousands of years.

10. gnomefootlocker

gnomefootlocker Member

alright thanks. should i be careful what i eat after taking it? cheese, alcohol, etc. Or is it weak enough it really shouldnt matter.