Acid....omg...

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by WynterFrost, Jan 18, 2005.

1. delta9

delta9 Member

It's sooooooooooo easy

From TiHKAL

2. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

i cant tell if your being sarcastic or not, since it really doesnt seem like a complex process, for someone who had time and patience to follow each step. isnt the last paragraph post-lsd work, in making it stable for distribution?

3. delta9

delta9 Member

Tone travels not over the internet, you are correct.

I was being sarcastic.

Looks can be deceiving - it is a pretty complex procedure which you can fuck up at many stages and not get exactly what you wanted. I mean, hell, Shulgin makes synthesizing most anything sound and seem easy! You need *lots* of general lab experience just to perform it properly, not to mention *lots* of labware - and Shulgin does it with the bare minimums 'cause he is a chemistry superman.

That is, however, the full procedure from ergotamine tartrate. That is also probably the easiest way to make it, by the way.

Here's the intro and first step from another (12 step) method ('cause we all love 12 steps)
    Tons more complicated - ET is the way to go and even that is difficult.

4. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

please, share the difficulty involved with each step, regardless of how obvious they may be?

5. Jonas

Jonas Member

lol stonerbill you're being ridiculous

6. delta9

delta9 Member

Yeah he is. I don't have time, tolerance, or the requisite chemistry experience to fully explain all of it - do your own research, but hey, for shits and giggles, lets look at just the first sentence:
    You need a bunch of potassium hydroxide (lye), which means you need to be wearing goggles and corrosive resistent gloves (ever seen "Fight Club"?) mixed in water and constantly stirred, because if you don't constantly stir it, it will collect and form "hot spots". To complicate this, it needs to be under an inert atmosphere - this is not a vacuum, it means there is "little or no oxygen and primarily consists of non-reactive gases or gases that have a high threshold before they react. Nitrogen, argon, helium, and carbon dioxide are common components of inert gas mixtures". Since you have these things in an inert atmosphere, obviously, it is in a closed space, so you can't just stick a stirring rod into the solution, you need to magnetically stir it from the outside (for 3 hours!). You need this setup to be tempurature monitored so you know when the KOH and H2O solution reaches 75C and then add your ET - all without compromising your inert atmosphere by opening anything up...

Does this sound simple? Easy? Anyone can do it at home? Not only are the precursors watched, but the lab equipment required to do it is watched (in the US).

7. Nathan11

Nathan11 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Yeah, but in the US, there are only about 7 major producers of LSD.
    It's just strange to come across someone who is so close to one.
    Ya dig?

8. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

id like to think delta has just ended this silly debate once and for all.

9. Nathan11

And he has.

10. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

nuh uh, the thigns delta explained were longwinded, but none required any special skill that learned chemists have, only patience and resources. weve establ;ishd that resources arent the crucial element here.

Remember, i didnt say it would be easy but everyone else is making out like its impossible, and thats just pessimistic, just caus mostly all people dont have the patience or bother to make acid; why should that mean you make out that its impossible, spreading pessimism to all the people out there, several of which could end up making acid if they really wanted to

11. Nathan11

Oh, I never said it was impossible.
    He just settled the fact that it would, indeed, be unprobable for this to be so.
    But hey, who I am?

~just a soul~

12. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

of course its improbable if you dont even start trying! lol in fact, its impossible if you didnt actually put effort in

13. element7

element7 Random fool

Ah no-one has mentioned the idea that someone might think they were making lsd when in fact they are not. A botched batch, or even a pseudobatch could indeed have the effects of a headache, nausea, etc.... What you guys seem to be referring to is people who would take it seriously and apply some ethics to their endeavor. We all know the world is not full of people with solid ethics.

14. Nathan11

Oh,what I was refering to was the original poster being so close to a large scale LSD distributer.

15. shal

shal Member

:H

sounds fun.

16. element7

element7 Random fool

Well per example: a few years ago there were these cats who were re-bottling robitussin into yoohoo bottles and selling it as 'dark acid'. Lo and behold alot of kids were running around yapping about how they tried 'acid'. They had no clue and were uninformed. Perhaps this cousin was just throwing a bunch of stuff together without really knowing what the hell they were doing, yet claiming to be some big player? But, beating a dead horse, guess I came in on this a little late.