Acid: hard or soft drug?

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by gib_0101, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Member

ur an idiot meatwagon always knows what he is talking about. ya. he is uncle sam. and tim leary was a cop.

2. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

who cares really? hard or soft....does it matter really? it is what it is.

psychosis is realative....as is mental health. im not saying your views are wrong or anything. i myself have always been a big advocate of psychedelics. but i used to follow the thinking you yourself seem to, and have since come to realize its not so cut and dry. you say leary would come down fine after his binges, and really it all depends on how you define fine. many would argue that man was far from fine. regardless, what im getting at is it is imposible to be unchanged after an expirience like that....whether its for the better or worse is realative.

i believe lsd induced psychosis is the product of a mind that has let unhealthy thinking patterns evolve and clutter the mind. i used to think we educated trippers were immune to insanity....we're not though. we all have the potential to feel fear (the catalyst). regardless of family history or underlying disorders. and even the tripping warrior who pushes past his fears still will watch his pre-concieved notions of reality blast apart eventually. and its at that point, when the time comes to collect the peices, he learns how valuable his expireinces were, and whether or not is was ever nessesary.....its not always nessesary.

3. Jack_Straw2208

Jack_Straw2208 Senior Member

"Will you walk into my parlor?" said the Spider to the Fly,
    "'Tis the prettiest little parlor that ever you did spy;
    The way into my parlor is up a winding stair,
    And I have many curious things to show you when you are there."
    "Oh no, no," said the Fly, "to ask me is in vain;
    For who goes up your winding stair can ne'er come down again."
    "I'm sure you must be weary, dear, with soaring up so high;
    Will you rest upon my little bed?" said the Spider to the Fly.
    "There are pretty curtains drawn around, the sheets are fine and thin;
    And if you like to rest awhile, I'll snugly tuck you in!"
    "Oh no, no," said the little Fly, "for I've often heard it said
    They never, never wake again, who sleep upon your bed!"
    Said the cunning Spider to the Fly, "Dear friend, what can I do
    To prove that warm affection I've always felt for you?
    I have within my pantry, good store of all that's nice;
    I'm sure you're very welcome - will you please take a slice?"
    "Oh no, no," said the little Fly, "kind sir, that cannot be,
    I've heard what's in your pantry, and I do not wish to see!"
    "Sweet creature," said the Spider, "you're witty and you're wise;
    How handsome are your gauzy wings, how brilliant are your eyes!
    I have a little looking-glass upon my parlor shelf;
    If you step in one moment, dear, you shall behold yourself."
    "I thank you, gentle sir," she said, "for what you're pleased to say;
    And bidding good morning now, I'll call another day."
    The Spider turned him round about, and went into his den,
    For well he knew the silly Fly would soon come back again;
    So he wove a subtle web in a little corner sly,
    And set his table ready to dine upon the Fly.
    then he came out to his door again, and merrily did sing,
    "Come hither, hither, pretty Fly, with the pearl and silver wing;
    Your robes are green and purple, there's a crest upon your head;
    Your eyes are like the diamond bright, but mine are as dull as lead."
    Alas, alas! how very soon this silly little Fly,
    Hearing his wily, flattering words, came slowly flitting by;
    With buzzing wings she hung aloft, then near and nearer drew, -
    Thinking only of her brilliant eyes, and green and purple hue;
    Thinking only of her crested head - poor foolish thing! At last,
    Up jumped the cunning Spider, and fiercely held her fast.
    He dragged her up his winding stair, into his dismal den
    Within his little parlor - but she ne'er came out again!
    And now, dear little children, who may this story read,
    To idle, silly, flattering words, I pray you ne'er heed;
    Unto an evil counsellor close heart, and ear, and eye,
    And take a lesson from this tale of the Spider and the Fly.

4. LJDV

LJDV Member

I agree with most of the other responses, LSD is not really a hard drug, but should be used with extreme caution. It is nearly impossible to overdose on. I think you have to take somewhere around 50,000 times the average dose to OD. However, and this is a big HOWEVER, it has the potential to trigger otherwise latent psychosis, even in small doses, less than a regular "trip" dose. People with a history of mental issues should be exponentially more careful than normal with this drug. It has no negative side effects in your brain or your body, besides what you do to yourself when you're on it.

5. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

Trip to be kind.
    In my eyes it's a soft drug but in classification of the law, it is regarded as a hard drug (Class A). The myth makes it out to be A LOT more dangerous than it is; us trippers know that tripping in itself is WAY overhyped.
    Sometimes I wonder whether people who write these government-induced hypes surrounding LSD have actually got any first person experience on the stuff.

6. Neuronaut7

Neuronaut7 Member

All this emphasis on how peolpe with a family history of mental disorders should be careful kinda shifts focus away from the fact that it can cause issues even for those who aren't predisposed to mental illness. Not that it'll wreck your life, but the thing you have to keep in mind is that it is an extremely powerful drug in terms of shift in consciousness.

As I understand it, the classification system has more to do with level of medical benefit and how the drug effects you - LSD has the possibility of removing you from this reality, so it's a schedule I (class A) drug. Maybe the justification is different across the pond, but I assume it's the same.

If you think the LSD shit is bad, think about what they did to pot. They essentially talked the public into having a weed that grew all over the place (in your backyard, in the park, under the bridge near main street) and got everyone to think of it as an evil drug that makes young men rape girls.

7. underto project

underto project Member

soft for positive minds , ýf you are in a spiritual experience like , right place , it willn't be a bad trip or bad head..
    so there is a word what ý like g.o.a - god on acid

8. Explore Liberty

Explore Liberty Member

9. Ayzcrava

Ayzcrava Member

Officially its a harddrug in my country (the Netherlands) but I'm not sure what I'd consider it as. Mushrooms are legal but I find mushrooms in high doses to be a lót more confusing then lsd, so if mushrooms are legal lsd should atleast be a softdrug.. but really.. what does the difference matter anyway?

10. lifelovefun

lifelovefun Member

Acid, whether hard or soft, is one of the BEST drugs out there :) Tied with mushrooms it's number 1 :)

11. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

In an indirect way, that may not be so far off from the truth as one would naturally believe :tongue:
    I dont think he intentionally played into the hands of the gov. but still.....

12. 3xi

3xi Senior Member

it is the drug. ya know - like the red pill from the matrix. i dont think you can catagorize it with the likes of heroin or weed.

it is neither a hard or soft drug. it is a great drug and thats all there is to it.

i know that there has been a lot of great music created with the brains of people who have used a lot of it. thats all i need to know.

13. 3xi

3xi Senior Member

can you believe this guy?

we all owe timothy leary a great deal of gratitude.

14. PsychMyke

PsychMyke Senior Member

LSD is the safest drug of all time IMO...next to the other primary psychedelics; for the sound of mind that is

15. PsychMyke

PsychMyke Senior Member

Leary is the reason LSD is illegal

It would have been illegal at some point regardless...but LSD was the reason; the PRIMARY reason that kickstarted war on drugs

16. Krsna Bhakti

Im guessing that you simply except the fact that LSD flooded the streets during the protest of Vietnam, rendering people docile and confused, as coincedence? You have some learning to do my friend. Then again, you live in Canada, so all of your histroy most likely comes from the internet or books, rather then the mouths of people living in the heart of it. :)

17. Krsna Bhakti

btw, I am not claiming any thing to be fact here, but I am saying to simply accept what is reported to have happened back then would be ignorant. I have heard varying accounts of the 60's and 70's, from my own parents as well, and my sons mother knows a lot of older people, even her own mother used to be named Mescaline Queen of Montery. You tell me what that means lol :tongue: