Acid Dreams?

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by lovejanisandgrace, May 9, 2007.

1. lovejanisandgrace

lovejanisandgrace Estimated Prophet

So, strange scenario:

Yesterday, as I was catnapping around one, I wasn't quite asleep yet and strange things started happening. My heart rate quickened, and even though I was fully aware of what was happening in my mind, I couldn't move my body. I wanted to really badly, but I was immobile. Suddenly, pretty colors were every where and I started kaleidescoping like crazy. There was very clear music playing in my head but I was very assured that I had turned off my music when I had lied down.

Was this an acid flashback? I've never had one and only taken LSD a few times, and experimented once or twice with Morning Glory. I've never flashbacked before, and didn't know what it all entailed, or if it takes years after stopping usage, or what.

Am I crazy? Can someone explain this phenomenon to me?

2. asilos vulnerado

asilos vulnerado Senior Member

Thats what happened to me last time I blazed.

And yea, i've never had a flashback but I would assume that what occured for you definetly is one. The only time I'm sober and something like that happens is very very early in the morning when I wake up

3. PsychMyke

PsychMyke Senior Member

Acid Dreams is the name of a phenomenal book...pick it up if you have any interest in LSD...sorry...off topic i know.

4. lovejanisandgrace

I was just confused because I didn't know you could flashbacks from scarce usage!

5. hebrewnational00

hebrewnational00 Senior Member

you could have flashbacks of one hit of acid, or a small does of shrooms...its just very unlikely:)

the more u use psychadelics the more likely u are to encounter a flashback i suppose, but some ppl dose a lot and never encounter it...

6. asilos vulnerado

asilos vulnerado Senior Member

IDK about more use, but flashbacks can occure from any really intense experience. So I don't think it matters how often you use it, that just gives you a higher chance of getting HPPD.

7. Fallout55

Fallout55 Banned

I always wake up unabole to move!

8. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

its called sleep paralysis.

yet it happens when your "awake".... odd name.

9. hebrewnational00

i used to have trippy vision like i would look at the carpet or something and it used to breathe, or i would look out the window and i would see shit move from the corner of my eye like a house trees and stuff, idk i used to b really trippy all the time, but ive gone outta the DAZED part lol and i think im ready for another trip now haha

10. Viruk

Viruk Member

Ya its definitely sleep paralysis, I've heard about this. Apparently you can be dreaming, and become conscious, just enough to become aware you cant move, and that you are dreaming or hallucinating, some people manage to open their eyes, and get a mixture of dreams and reality, so basically hallucinating.
    I've had it to varying degrees of this as long as i can remember. I hate it so much too, I get this feeling of being trapped in my dream, and I try to go to sleep again so I will wake up in the real world, scary shit man.

11. hebrewnational00

this is some matrix shit haha, Real World?! or Dream World?!

12. hippy i am

hippy i am poppy seed bagels

Take the red pill, and I'll show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Take the blue pill and you'll return to your bed and think whatever you want to think. Lol.

13. hippy i am

hippy i am poppy seed bagels

It's sleep paralysis. It's never happened to me, before, but my friend Rachel gets them all the time. And she always hallucinates with the sleep paralysis. Except instead of pretty colours and whatnot, she sees frightening images, like reels of horror films. She dreads going to sleep now. No wonder she's an insomniac.

14. red_eye

red_eye Member

i have flash backs from mushrooms not the same but close, i freak out especially when smoking pot ... it seems to only be when im around people i know its not paranoia but yeah.

15. lovejanisandgrace

Sleep paralysis...that just seems wrong. Sleeping is wonderful.

16. lovejanisandgrace

^ Dreaming shouldn't be interrupted by creepy things like that. The human body really is kinda wacko.

17. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

I have it all the time, some of the most heavy and amazing things have happened to me during sleep paralysis while on Opiates especially. Words cant even describe these experiences, beyond any psychedelic trip, and way more intense than mere lucid dreaming. You either know (by going through it) or, simply, you dont. :)

18. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

i haven't gotten sleep paralysis since i was 12.

i remember the last time....
    i was having a nightmare, of what i cant say... it was too long ago. i had fallen asleep in my mothers room, with all the lights on. i was laying on my back, which, as i found out later, is the most common position for sleep paralysis. i was in the climax of the nightmare. just as something dramatic and horrifying was about to happen i woke up.... i woke up screaming, yet no sound was coming from my mouth. the setting i awoke in seemed unfamiliar. i couldn't move any part of my body except my eyes. i kept screaming out for help but still no sound was leaving my mouth. i was frightened. i felt as if the evil from my nightmare had come to life, tied me down, and striped me of my vocal cords...
    then, all of the sudden, i was able to move again, and i ran out of the room.

scary shit. I'm glad it has never happened again.