acid at a music festival help!!

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by roop219, Aug 24, 2013.

1. roop219

roop219 Guest

hey everyone, im in a really scary dilemma right now and not sure if i should take lsd at electric zoo or not. its 200ug lsd and im sure of it but im scared that i wont be able to dance or anything. i really wanna have a good time AND most importantly not have a bad trip. Please lemme know what your recommendations are i really appreciate it.
    Thanks everyone

ps. i can also take molly instead of acid but im not sure which would be better at electric zoo...

2. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

From a brief look at the website, it's probably more suited to Molly. Not to say acid won't be fun, but it looks pretty crowded and caged up.. probably wouldn't be my choice to trip there. 12 hours is a long time with nowhere to just chill and soak up the universe.

Scope it out when you get there - some form of garden/park/water/quiet(ish) spot is really a good thing to have in case things start getting little tense or.. jumbled up beyond the point of recognition :D That shouldn't happen on 200ug, but still. There's a good chance of it not even being acid.

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

That's true it's more likely to be NBOME which can cause an overdose.

LSD and MDMA will be two totally different experiences. If you are new to acid I would not do it in a crowded place the first time. I love tripping at an event like that but many people get overwhelmed.

MDMA would be easier to handle in that environment for a first time. There is also a risk of it not being MDMA but the things passed off as MDMA are usually safer then NBOME. Meaning you will need to work a little harder to OD.

If you can get whatever you take tested.

4. tryptamines

tryptamines Member

If by any chance you do get what is being marketed as acid, I highly suggest testing it first or be SUPER cautious and take a half just to be on the safe side. Be very wary. Acid is a long trip, but nbome can be longer and much more fucking dangerous especially being in such a setting, I'd advise against acid or potentially nbome, because they depend heavily on set and setting. Just my opinion.

Stick to Molly. It's euphoric, you'll have a good time. Party safely :)

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk 4

5. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

I would not take acid in such a setting, ever, but especially not on your first time. LSD is a long, deep, extremely personal, emotional journey. It is not a party drug.

6. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I like how that last sentence is structured as if it's something to strive for. :rofl:

@ op: MDMA is better suited for dancing and you're more assured to have a great time but if you really want to trip to some of the djs/performers you will likely enjoy yourself on LSD as well. I would scope out the area and locate a chill out area regardless of which drug you take. The other possibility, which I recommend only if you are absolutely certain in the quality of your drugs and you have a fair amount of experience with each is to candyflip, take the LSD, then a few hours later take the MDMA.

7. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i remember you saying you've never been to a festival right?

LSD at a music festival can be a long, deep, personal yet 'social', emotional journey :)

to be fair, i've never attended a large festival like electric zoo, just smaller local ones, but they have been almost a perfect setting to take LSD in. maybe not for a first time though, if that's your case, OP.

8. MeatyMushroom

Small festivals filled with hippies, that's the only public place I'd recommend dropping. It's all about the vibes man :sunny:

Pissed up commercial dance festivals with floors covered in vomit, to a backdrop of repetitive, unimaginative "music", where the only way to make it in the least bit enjoyable is to get yourself so fucked up that you can't register anything that's happening, preferably passing out, just to wake up and do it all again the next day, and maybe give some other barely conscious, dehydrated sack of flesh an STD.. is not a cool place to take acid.

9. tryptamines

tryptamines Member

Ew, good point.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk 4

10. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

yeah good point. writer is probably thinking about all those things in the 2nd paragraph...

there's still quite a bit of hedonism going on at those small, hippie fests too. but i've always managed LSD pretty well at an event like that :sunny:

11. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

like a jamband festival? Oh Yah I'm sure all the people that go to see folks their grandparents age noodle around for 30 minute jams are all there strictly for the music. :rofl:

MDMA is the cohesive glue for raves/ EDM festivals but acid has been apart of the culture since its inception and electronic music can go well with an acid trip. There is often multiple stages at massive, each which caters to various vibes. :)

Some of those other factors you are attributing to EDM festivals seem dubious at best.

12. MeatyMushroom

I don't necessarily mean sober vibes :p

But nah I know, I was pushing it a bit, but there's an element of truth in what I say, for sure. Most of the raves I've been to have been a bit... iffy. Not unenjoyable, but very much a kinda.. I dunno. Not very nice kinda vibe. I dunno, might just be my preferences, but I've only been to 1 quality rave where I felt like everyone was actually there to be there... together. The drugs were there to enhance the event, not BE the event.

13. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Any festival regardless of the music they play that's associated with drugs is likely to have a fair amount of hedonism and potential risk for problems, regardless if it's tailored for 'hippies' or if it's tailored for a variety of people.

Woodstock had a few overdoses and a reported rape but I'm sure many people had wonderful experiences, Altamont even had a stabbing so it's not like 'hippie' festivals have been immuned from their share of issues either.

I tend to prefer more low key raves than EDM festivals. I have experienced a stronger sense of togetherness at some raves than any other type of music gathering events I've attended, Primarily on MDMA though, and that's not saying every rave has been this way. Having gone to raves in many different cities in my state, I'd say raves tend to have a primal immediacy to them which often kind of reflects the city or area they are in, in some ineffable way, so sometimes they do have a gritty quality to them.

The EDM massives and festivals I have been to have been more of a spectactle rather than the technologic tribalism of raves, they are more commercialized which I don't care for but they often do pull some of the most popular and/or well accomplished DJ's/producers.

14. ZoeSanderson

ZoeSanderson Visitor

I took acid once at one party and it was the best party of my life. Before taking it I was really scared and after taking it I realized that it wasn't a bad decision. Since then I took it only once again and I had a good time. I want to take it again at a party that I am organizing with my friend. We are making it really good and we even got a stage from truesoundhire. They also provided us with light and sound equipment and it is going to make it the best party ever. I am still thinking if I should take acid or not, it might not be needed because it will be a good party.