Acetone for solvent extraction?

Discussion in 'Hashish' started by SagaciousKJB2, Jun 6, 2006.

1. SagaciousKJB2

SagaciousKJB2 Member

I've been wanting to make some hash for a while. I've been pretty set on using a method that is fast-evaporating. I watched my friend set-a-blaze quite a bit of ISO stuff with a hot-plate in his backyard. He wasn't too happy about that. (Also a good reason NEVER to do it inside, the fire ball was huge, we just let it burn as we couldn't find anything to smother it).

Anyway, I've noticed that acetone evaporates very quickly. I was wondering if anyone had any experience using acetone as a solvent-extractor, and if it was positive or negative.

Also, note, I'm not talking about paint-thinner here. Paint-thinner also has many other additives; I mean 100% pure acetone.

2. Trippin' Billies

Trippin' Billies Senior Member

i used naptha aka ronsonol lighter fluid for zippos or wutever (correct me if im wrong)

it evaporated in like 30 minutes and i used about quarter of the bottle and 2 grams of nugget. the result was a few rings of viscous oil but in the middle was a fine powder. I just smeared the sticky oil on a piece of tin foil and almost immediately after i put a lighter under it, it boiled and sent a vapor into the air (which i inhaled and got STONED lol)... the powder lookin stuff i just loaded on top of a bowl of green and when finished, left snow white ash

i was extremely pleased with the naptha extraction and have been using it ever since

sorry if this is vague or doesnt make any sense, im a little high right now :D

3. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

Ive read that coleman's white gas is good for that. you know the liquid for the camp stoves.

4. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

yeah you can buy cans of butane from wal-mart for like 2 bucks a can.... thats what i've seen used mostly....

5. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

:eek: Sag; NO!!!!!

:( Trippin; white powder is a no no, like breathing the fumes!

;) Crummie; Hope you distill the white gas before using!

We're dealing with solvents here, they're not made for ingestion, eats yer brane pan clean out, if ya dont beleve jus ask me........uh.......what was the question???????????? :p

6. Trippin' Billies

white powder?

7. Naturalhi

quote "result was a few rings of viscous oil but in the middle was a fine powder"

OK you didn't say white I did, from experience it's white, what it is I don't know except that BHO Ind. calls it IMPURITIES for $2 you get filtered BHO, $10 you get Calibri type BHO which claims to be triple filterd w/ less impurities. Thats what it says on the can and web sight of several co.s I've investigated. :)

8. Trippin' Billies

ah lol... understood

typically i just press keif from my grinder and smoke that but if im feeling sciency i'll use the naptha extraction on some cheap brick ... apparently i shouldnt be tho! i was under the impression that all the shitty shit (yes... "shitty shit") would just evap off

i guess i was mistaken tho, thanks for the info :)

9. Naturalhi

Our kief never makes it to the press.;)

As to any extraction, the same applies, garbage in garbage out; or the quality of product is in direct proportion to the raw material.:)

10. winter_freak

winter_freak Member

i have made oil out of camp fuel but i first distilled it to get rid of all the antirust and seal conditioners the add.

as far as the oil turned out......i loved it ...no smell and no taste

came out very clean

BUT....it is very explosive, if you get the stuff to hot it can flash on you as it did for a friend of mine.

11. winter_freak

winter_freak Member

just a note to the new......pure camp fuel is actualy petrolioum ether

12. winter_freak

winter_freak Member

oh and another note

petro ether won't disolve chloriphill and the oil is an amber color and the green stays in the plant

and if you want the best method i have found for extracting the resin ,
    i use the reflux method

helps to have a friend who is a chemist and has his own lab

13. Naturalhi

Camp gas comes off the cat cracker just above gasoline and below dry cleaning fluid, both of which will take the green right out of grass and stains. Why wouldn't it remove Chloraphyl?:confused:

14. winter_freak

winter_freak Member

you don't seem to have a clue what you are talking about

have you ever tryed to make it?

obviously not!

15. Naturalhi

Son, I've been making and experimenting with alternate methodology for many years, from yor avatar probably before you were born. OH! wait a minute is this the latest incarnation of Silvine, if so hi if you want to go round n round again s'ok with me.

what did your "friend who is a chemist" have to say? It just doesn't matter! I just do what i do and try to help those want help! If you don't accept advice fine,but you don't need to verbally flip me off! When I asked that question why didn't you answer, don't know? or just stirring the pot so to speak l8r

16. winter_freak

winter_freak Member

hey dude.......i think you need to take some of a.d.h.d. drugs

just another loud mouth that probaly can't grow dog shit that is why
    you have been "experimenting" so much

now don't forget your pill