Accommodation

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by littleskinny, May 26, 2004.

1. dhARmaMiLlO

dhARmaMiLlO Member

I live in a room 5ft wide by 9ft long. I have a bed, desk and cupboard in here with me (and a thin strip of carpet i can see to walk down.) I can touch every part of the room from my seat in the middle. Its all very handy, particularly since I've been steadily destroying my need for material possesions over the years.
    The room is in a shared house with three other people, a girl from Tanzania who just smiles a lot, a sad bloke who doesn't stop whingeing and a likeable, if not slightly flesh cubish, guy who I'm gradually converting to real life; Broadening his horizons past the 9-5 job he hates.
    There's a big garden that I'm growing veges in; in a wee patch i dug and a large park down the hill where they play cricket on Sundays.
    There's no forest nearby, which i miss.
    i'll be moving on come September.
    :)

~
    [​IMG]

2. Claire

Claire Senior Member

Hopefully I am moving soon to somewhere bigger and further out into the country...

Love Clairexxx

3. mmelody

mmelody Member

i live in an old rented cottage with a huge garden...the rent is a little steep but I LOVE it so much :D

4. littleskinny

littleskinny Member

This made me smile...sounds great. I miss a garden. I tried to grow herbs and veggies on my balcony and windowsills but they didn't do very well!

5. littleskinny

littleskinny Member

Then that's ok then! There's nothing worse than resenting the place you live in because you don't think it's worth it!

6. chickabean

chickabean Senior Member

thats me 100% :( im realising on a daily basis what a hole im living in...only three months to go!!

7. kier

kier I R Baboon

awww, it may be a hole, but it's your hole...so don't be too sad, and you'll be out and about soon enough :)

8. chickabean

chickabean Senior Member

awww...thats so true...its my hole...my hole!!! yay! i have my very own hole...haha..ahem...you know what i mean...

9. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

i'm still with my parents. I'm planning to stay for at least one more year and then rent a flat with a mate.

10. Paul

Paul Cheap and Cheerful

8th floor of a council high rise in the East End, not far from the docks. I don't want to stay here for much longer though, I think living in the inner city brings the worst out in me.

11. littleskinny

littleskinny Member

I totally agree. I'm permanently angry living in this city. The people, the politics, the traffic, the petty rules.....

12. whispera

whispera Member

I live completely for free! I even get free food. I live in a treehouse in a protest site, it's fantastic. I help stop them destroying ancient woodland and get somewhere to live at the same time.
    Claire

13. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

I live with my brother , we live in Leicester http://www.omniplan.hu/2001-Scotland/2090M-Leicester.jpg we are like chalk and cheese so its quite a strain ..

I have lived with mates , on my own and with a woman .... what do i prefer erm on my own with visits from freinds and women :)

14. moominmamma

moominmamma Member

Feel that my contribution to this will be rather mundane following Whisperas tree house, but just wanted the excuse to say HI to Little Skinny!

Hmm the whole housing thing makes this normally placid woman angry! Finally after years of private renting throwing money away to private landlords, and always failing to qualify for council housing because we had some kind of place to live in, last Summer we were accepted on a Housing Association right to buy scheme, and we are buying this house.

Its a biggish old terrace on the least popular side of town, fronts on to a busy road, but the back is lovely leading on to allotments and woodland and enables me to retain a little of my sanity.............

15. littleskinny

littleskinny Member

*giggles* hello Moominmama. Good to see you! (Read you? :p )