AC/DC guitarist Malcolm Young dies at 64

Discussion in 'Music' started by rjhangover, Nov 18, 2017.

1. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

my favourite stations been playing a lot of acdc today

had it cranked in the shed while working earlier

4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

We knew this one was coming though, not all that surprising

Brian Johnson cant sing anymore either, AC/DC was kind of over a couple years ago, end of an era

I saw AC/DC two years ago at ANZ stadium in Sydney, Malcolm had already been forced to retire by then, and Brian Johnsons voice certainly wasnt in its prime.

There have been plenty of other bands I was more into over the last couple of decades.

None of it all seemed to matter though, you just throw on a big light show, some of those iconic riffs start happening, emphasis on the bass, every molecule of the stadium starts to reverberate, most of the 50,000 or so people with those led red devil horn headbands on, songs like Back in Black, Highway to Hell come on, the whole stadium goes nuts.

It was trippy how many better bands came and went over the last four decades, but AC/DC stayed together, still packed out stadiums even during periods where the rest of rock seemed to dwindle.

Its all over now though

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

The best rock song ever written IMO

7. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

8. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

sketchy fundraising company that "auctions" off cheap prints for minimum $200 was at the grocery place this afternoon switching in some ac/dc album cover prints ...didnt take them long to try and capitalize