absinthe?

Discussion in 'Potent Potables' started by gio, May 15, 2004.

1. gio

gio Member

hi,someone ever tried absinthe before ?
    does anyone have any experience with it ?
    legal in US ?
    it was banned in europe long time ago but i tough it's legal
    and for sale in some shops...

greetz gio

2. sonik

sonik Member

Real absinthe has wormwood in it. Which is a toxin, in high enough doses in can induce some psychoactive symptoms.

Absinthe with wormwood is Illegal in the U.S.
    you can get it here (still hard to find) but it wont have wormwood.

Some european countries and most countries south of the U.S. border you can aquire the real stuff.

:cool:

3. xaosflux

xaosflux Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

the EU ban is over and you can have it shipped from oversease..it is regualted in the US as a food, not as a drug.

4. charredacacia

charredacacia Member

absinthe is intense. i almost died from it once. yay! (though it was the alcohol rather than the thujone that put me on the windowsill)

5. gio

gio Member

woow how much did you took ?
    pure or mixed with water

6. charredacacia

charredacacia Member

it was pure. i went through about a litre. heehee. it was fun though. i wanna do it again some time.

7. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

hah, yeah, it just might have been the alcohol, just maybe

8. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i wold love to try it, i watched a whole show on it on travel channel once. and you can order it from overseas. i think you can even make it yorself here but i wold be afraind i wold do it wrong.................

9. reef

reef Member

hrm a bit pricy fif you ask me

[​IMG]

10. FreeSpirited420

FreeSpirited420 Member

I know you can get it in Australia. A friend of mine who has lived there for a year told me, that he can get it. Maybe when he comes back in June, I'll tell him to sneak me a bottle. ;)

11. jtryp

jtryp Member

12. beatlerific

beatlerific not like other girls

eek! i tried absinthe once and hated it. didn't do anything for me and it tasted gross. i'd rather drink an ice cold beer anyday.

13. day_tripper77

day_tripper77 Member

my friend got some absinthe.. her ex-boyfriend (who she recently got back with) made a trade for it... she's waiting for kind of a special occasion to open it though.. I cant wait to try it! :D

14. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

you can buy absinthe in this bar in vancouver. if and when i ever have my body to myself i want to try it. :)

15. Lew_Cipher

Lew_Cipher Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

REAL absinthe is illegal in the US. You can order it from Europe. I got mine from Spain. The exact same bottle (brand) I got was pictured earlier in this thread. It took 8 weeks to arrive and was subject to customs seizure of discovered.
    Absinthe goves me a alcohol drunk and not a THC-type high. The drunk is a very mellow drunk, though. Enjoyable.

The taste is awful. It tastes like Jagermeister. Very much a strong licorice flavor. Nasty, IMO.

Everyone should try in once if only to thumb your nose at the federal government's stupid assed ban on it.

16. HardCa$H

HardCa$H Member

I have some absinthe sitting in the fridge right now. I made it myself by using the recipe in erowid.com.

I could only get 2 shots of that stuff down bcause it is beyond nasty tasting. I'm still trying to find something to mix it with. Any suggestions?

BTW- Those two shots were enough to feel a nice buzz of alcohol and the wormwood! Kinda like a regular buzz with a semi-psycadelic, seritonin boosting feeling. Very smooth, once you can get past that damn taste.. ukk:eek:

17. rockinROLLer

rockinROLLer Member

weeeeeeeeeeeeee

18. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

its not illegal is just not for human consupsion, so if you had some labed absinthe do not drink and a cop found it in your house nothing will happen to you

19. eat_some_LSD

eat_some_LSD Senior Member

Absinthe is legal to possess and consume in the US...here.