Abortion

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Balbus, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

Pro lifers are the biggest hypocrites around. Many of them support the death penalty.

wrat1 and granite45 like this.
  2. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Methodist Pastor?? A man of religion making common sense!!:):)

Flagme15 likes this.
  4. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

There are many priests, rabbis, ministers, and imams who possess a great deal of wisdom and compassion.
    However, that doesn't get you on the six o'clock news.

Tishomingo and scratcho like this.
  5. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

The workaholic Japanese and white US and EU populations have been imploding faster than any other on the planet, since the invention of modern birth control. Unless conservatives want to make birth control illegal, I'd suggest they examine their own bullshit, and leave complicated things like medicine and the law up to the professionals. My work involves encouraging the idiots to kill themselves faster, and pay for the privilege, if that's really their preference.

6. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

I'm just wondering how Texas plans to pay for this wave of births they're having since this will only seem to be a problem for the poor - not to mention adding to present welfare funding woes. Believe it or not, there's not a lot of people lined up to adopt these minority kids. Do you know it costs about $50k to adopt a white infant from Catholic "Charities" ? No wonder they are pro life, it's a business.

Flagme15 likes this.
  7. wooleeheron

Forget about Texas, Hillary Clinton single handedly exposed all the corruption in the republican party like a professional sumo wrestler. Texas can spout all the smack they want, but their political party is in the process of getting an enema and smack down.

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Laws like these are exclusively for peasants.
    Wives & daughters of the ruling class will always be able to jet off to a "spa weekend" somewhere.

9. wooleeheron

Once upon a time there was a constitution, that peasants fought for, knowing damned well you get the justice you can afford, sometimes, at the point of a gun.

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

There’s a straight line from US racial segregation to the anti-abortion movement
    The American Taliban didn't start as a reactionary blowback to Roe v. Wade, but years later in response to an attempt by the Internal Revenue Service to rescind the tax-exempt status of Bob Jones University because of its racist policies, including a ban on interracial dating that the university maintained until 2000. Images of precious little unborn children were simply a better gimmick than White supremacy.

scratcho likes this.
  11. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

12. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

But that is where Texas is heading. Being able to sue anyone aiding and abetting one get an abortion, down to the uber driver, is just nuts. Right to life wingnuts will be camped out in the drug store to see who buys the pregnancy tests.....

scratcho and granite45 like this.
  13. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

14. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

granite45 likes this.
  15. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Let’s talk about Cecily Strong’s game-changing "clown abortion" skit

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...lown_who_had_an_abortion_when_she_was_23.html

So Goober the Clown wants to talk about abortion on a Saturday Night Live sketch.

Well, yes indeed, most people are unconfortable talking about abortion, they also don't want to discuss gallstones or their hemeroids or discuss Medicare. Unless they live in a senior citizens compound. Its all just a procedure right?

But Goober The Clown wants to talk about abortion.

Well just what is to talk about? Anywhere within a days drive from the Saturday Night Live Studio in New York, and all up and down the Acela Corridor abortion is safe and legal and commonplace. What's to talk about?

Well what's to talk about; do you want to discuss conflicting feelings and emotions, doubts and discomfort about The Procedure?

No, I didn't think so.

Do you want to discuss The abortion clinic of Dr. Kermit Gosnell in Philadelphia where he ran an unscrupulous practice in filthy conditions and was protected from accountability by the reflexes of media and government when it was exposed?

I didn't think so.

Oh, yes you want to talk about abortions in a far away place called Texas; human schadenfude being what it is, you want to talk about Clowns in far off places, I understand. Are abortions preventing all of those people from moving away from New York to Texas?

Wonderin what the Clowns of Texas want to talk about?

Human schadenfrude being what is is; Texas Clowns want to talk about New York.

About victims being shoved on to subway tracks, juveniles being hit by stray bullets. BLM activists threatening The new Mayor with violence and bloodshed. About people being held up at gunpoint while dining at a fine restaurant, being relieved of their jewelry. About people commiting an assault getting arrested then being released to assault again.

Maybe the Clowns of New York should stick to discussing important issues closer to home.

Give that Bow Tie another spin.

16. wrat1

wrat1 Members

As far as I know the only method of BC that is 100% is abstinence , so for those getting on there high horse about personal responsibility or knowing your own body are full of crap , FACT of the matter shit happens I know cause its happened to me I was 17 she was 16 we were responsible used prevention IT FAILED , there was no way on earth either of us was ready or even CAPABLE of handling a child at that point in our lives, thankfully we found out pretty early and agreed that aborting it was the sensical logical choice and we were able to afford it ...

The flip side of that is that I am also a byproduct of adoption and thats a whole 'nother story

abortion is sometimes the right choice and thats what it should ALWAYS be a choice

17. Dulci Daily

Dulci Daily Members

Oh, dear! This discussion has been much too one-sided since it picked up again after a lapse of some years! It wasn't like that before. Let's see if we can restore a bit of balance to the discussion, so that, if any open-minded readers happen to see it, they can evaluate a variety of different points of view.

I'm pro-life, implying anti-abortion. Why? Because I value my own life and the lives of other people, and I know that all of us were once in the same condition as unborn babies now are. If you or I had been aborted back then, we would not be here now, even if we only looked like a little clump of crap--excuse me, clump of cells--back then. We were already you and me, even then.

I can't agree that it would have been all right to bump me off back then, merely because of my size, appearance, age before birth, condition of dependency, and invisibility to the outside world. Likewise, I can't agree that it would have been all right to bump you off, or anyone else, because of those things.

On the other hand, I'm not among the extremists who maintain that "democracy is dead." It's been well said that "democracy is the worst form of government--except for all the others." In a democracy, laws may lack perfect logical consistency (to say the least). Democratically elected legislatures may decide to make laws generally protecting what is obviously unborn human life--e.g., unborn babies with little hearts, fingers, toes, brains, or whatever--but not to protect what is not obviously unborn human life, e.g., unborn babies who don't yet have such marks of individuality and humanity. And democratically elected legislatures have always decided, wisely, that moms who have abortions are not to be counted among perpetrators to be punished. No doubt democracy may result in many bad decisions, but I wouldn't say the decision to make laws like these is among them.

I can have a pretty fair amount of sympathy, I think, for people who have decided they had no choice but to get an early-term abortion--although I wish they would instead have decided to get some help, not necessarily limited to help before birth, from a pro-life pregnancy help center. I admit I have less sympathy for those who seem to be serving as (presumably) unpaid mouthpieces for the abortion industry, advocating for unlimited abortion up to birth and perhaps even for allowing little abortion survivors to die from neglect. Still, let's see if any civil, respectful, and unprejudiced discussion of this issue is possible even now.

arizonacook likes this.
  18. Dulci Daily

Dulci Daily Members

True or false: It's OK to kill you if ignorant, prejudiced, hypocritical assholes favor letting you live, while educated people favor killing you.

If you want the anti-abortionists who are allegedly wrong about all these things to explain the inconsistency in their views, perhaps you could ask them about it. I'm not among them; I try to be "pro-life for the whole life." Try addressing your remarks to someone who's here to respond to them, not to anonymous multitudes who aren't.

I would just point out that it's damned difficult to be wrong about everything, and that, even if all the nameless people you're talking about were wrong about all the things you say they are, it wouldn't follow that they're also wrong about the undesirability of bumping off unborn babies.

If possible, please identify any ignorance of basic biology, or superstition from any age, in my reasons for being pro-life which I've set forth above.

True or false: It's OK to kill you if society doesn't give a fuck about you and/or your mom wishes you were dead.

19. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Piobaire hasn't been on the forums since Oct 8, 2021

20. Dulci Daily

Dulci Daily Members

Oh, too bad. I hope he didn't die or something! Well, maybe someone else who holds similar views would like to respond.