A Visiting Brit

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ArtLoveMusic, Jan 5, 2005.

1. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

Heya all...
    Im hoping to come to Canada in the summer. I wanted to fly to Vancoover unfortunatly this looks incredibly expencive, ive found cheeper flights that fly to Toronto but im hoping to travel around a bit.
    If anyone was up for putting me up for a night or two, or for hanging about.. lending a lift somewhere.. or even just a sandwich would be helpful :p But yea... just letting you know im hoping to come over.

Much love
    Fleassy xox

2. ArtLoveMusic

six looks no comments *sigh* *sob* cheers guys :p

3. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

Yeah, those canadians aren't the friendliest bunch! :rolleyes: Hehe ummm yeah, nevermind.... I'm not canadian, I think I'll be leaving now... :D

4. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

well, i'm nowhere near toronto, but if you make it over to van isle, i could give you a place to crash and lots of sandwiches! :D

5. ArtLoveMusic

hehe cool :) thanks

6. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

Hey Fleassy...I travel lots. I'll be planting trees in alberta till the end of July...after that Imma trip around B.C. for awhile. B.C. is def where you wanna hang out, if you ask me. They'll be all sorts of rainbow gatherings and festies and free camping spots. You should check out the Ohm festiavl in Ontario if your there in July. Neway we should keep in touch I'd like to firedance with ya. :)
    p.s. I know of some woofing places around Canada thats where you work on an organic farm for your keep....You could prolly get some fruit picking work in the Okanagen in bc too, theyre not too big on paperwork. Pickings a blast...You'd luv it.

7. mtnhighgirl

mtnhighgirl Member

Hey Fleassy. I'm just outside of Kamloops BC. If you make it out here, you have a place to crash and I can probably throw in some sandwiches too. ;) We live in a log cabin on 5 acres, about 45 minutes away from Kamloops, near Sun Peaks Resort. Hope to meet you soon!

mtnhighgirl

8. alex714

alex714 To the Left

hey fleassy
    id love to hang out with ya if you come to toronto, ive seen you post around and you seem awesome

funny enough, im trying to get to the uk this summer or soon enough. ill hang wit ya if ya hang with me :p

9. ArtLoveMusic

AWWW WOW YOU GUYS ROCK!! im going to have a chat with my daddy and i'nm going to plan this a bit better (At the moment its all in my head) my dad traveled lots when he was younger (still does occasionally) and said he's going to help me... so i need to look into traveling about and see where im going to fly to and from. but you guys all rock... lots... :) Vancoover is a place i really want to visit because ive known lots of poeple from there who rave about how beautiful it is near there... but i also know thats a long way from Toronto... and i dont really know where any where else is... right i think i'sd better go google me a map :)

10. ArtLoveMusic

Basically ive found some cheap ish flights that fly me to Vancouver the flight is the 5th May i havnt booked it but im talking to my dad, its a return flight that takes me back 21 days later... 3 weeks a nice length of time i think.. gets me back home in time for my birthday :) so *fingers crossed* i'll get back to you soon.

11. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

Aww, I'll be waaay up north planting trees.

12. ArtLoveMusic

pooy. But i really think this is definatly going to happen :) So anyone who lives around there ... PM me or add me to your msn Gothic_llama@hotmail.com :)

13. al_from_mn

al_from_mn Member

Fleassy: If you're planning on coming this summer, you should come during July and come to Winnipeg. They have one of the biggest folk festivals on the continent. Every summer I say I'm going to go, and I have yet to make it up there :D (I'm in Minneapolis, about 6 hours south of the border.) Let me know if you plan on being in the "Middle" part of Canada (western ontario or manitoba), I'd love to come up there and hang out with you. Also, northern Minnesota ("up north" as we call it here) is beautiful in the summer, the nicest parts are just across the border from Canada.

Peace and Love, Alex

14. ArtLoveMusic

Ack im afraid i dont have the money to get there in the mid summer, The reason im going in may is because the tickets are currently going for £305 return which is wikkid price. :( but if anyones up for making a festival round vancouver for us to all go to hehe im up for it.. i also might nip into the USA my dads says as im close to the border id be silly not to (i think because i have family right by there)

15. AlwaysInside

AlwaysInside Member

Where in Van Isle are you?

16. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

the middle part! LOL why do you ask?

17. AlwaysInside

AlwaysInside Member

I'm from Ladysmith :p

18. ArtLoveMusic

pooy turns out im not aloud to come then :( Thats when the 3rd year uni students have their degree shows which means i have to stay because us 1st years are performing and helping with them :(

19. ArtLoveMusic

ok so things might have changed... i might be coming in June on the 23rd or around that time, for 21 days :)

20. AlwaysInside

AlwaysInside Member

Talk about an emotional rollercoaster!!! You can then you cant', then you can then you can't , then you can again!