A visit to Weed, California

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by newo, Aug 17, 2013.

1. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

On my way back home from vacation last week I stopped by the fair town of Weed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Weed's a cool little town kind of in the middle of nowhere. I drive through it when I go to Cali. Where did you go on vacation?

3. newo

Drove from Portland to Trinity and Shasta Lakes.

4. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Never been to Trinity, but Shasta---. Shasta is huge. You know that place to the left as you pass by the town of Shasta where it looks like the mountain is collapsing? Those buildings below that rocky hill look like they're in danger of being completely buried. I always enjoy going through the mountains---until I get to Redding. Flat--flat--flat 'till I get where I'm going. Where it's flat. Did you boat?

I forgot to ask you---did you find plenty to do in Eugene??

5. newo

In Eugene I went to the Saturday Market, walked around downtown, and hiked in Hendricks Park. I checked out that restaurant you recommended, the Keystone, good food and lots of it at a decent price!

The first weekend I hit the Oregon Country Fair, it was my 5th time. It was fun as always, but sadly it’s becoming less of a hippie freakfest and more of a genuine freakfest. I believe in doing your own thing but I don’t like paying admission to an event only to see some guys walking around in skimpy drag, or even naked. Oh well, it takes all kinds.

On Sunday I drove to the coast and spent the next few days camping out just south of Florence, and returned to Eugene the following weekend. Before the Emerald Empire Hempfest I rode my 10 speed around the Willamette River Bike Trail, it was a good workout. The fest itself was a great time, stoned people passing pipes around and listening to some good local bands. I was surprised that it was so small in scale though. I’ve been to Hempstalk in Portland which draws thousands of people and the Seattle Hempfest which draws tens of thousands, but at this one at any time it had at most a couple hundred people. Still, you couldn’t beat the atmosphere. The next day I drove back to Portland.

6. THCsetmefree

THCsetmefree Member

You should see it with snow...fucking Narnia!