a time to change/looking to move

Discussion in 'Ask The Old Hippies' started by olefriend, Feb 18, 2009.

1. olefriend

olefriend Guest

Hello All,
    My wife and I recently sold our business and for the first time in almost 30 years we can look at moving to a town that is welcoming...a place where people are friendly and open. A place for musicans, artist and intellectuals to roam about and embrace life daily.

A place where nature speaks boldly and an opportunity exist to be part of a small town community.
    A place with a strong sense of peace and well being are present.

We have lived in the mid west the last 30 years and are open to exploring communities through the US and Mexico.

Sincerely,
    Donny

2. oink

oink Member

Try Utopia. Let me know when you find it.

3. Twiggy16

Twiggy16 Guest

Sanibel FL its my hometown its an awesome island, the ppl are rad, the police are actually friendly, there is a school great food and theyre very protective of the environment and the animals they wont even allow street lights, the night life is great, and there is always art fairs, but it is a little expensive

4. pushit

pushit One jive Motha Fucka

I live in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho and although it is growing it is a very peaceful place. Little crime, no gangs, murder is very very rare(the last one was 45 minutes away but I'm sure you heard about the Duncan murders a couple of years ago?) There is a community college and a beautiful park. There is more culture coming slowly but surely. I would love to see more cool people heading in instead of rich Californians that want to ruin our beautiful mountain that is within bike riding distance from anywhere in our city.

You really should look into it, I love bragging about this place but for good reason.