A Simple Question For You All :)

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, Jun 2, 2006.

1. alex714

alex714 To the Left

lies lies and more lies.

2. Yeah i agree. Rat seems to think that uncovering conspiracies and exposing the worlds most powerful government and sitting around and talking about with a bunch of hippies is somehow productive.

Utloimately we're powerless unless we mobilise together and take responsibilty for OURSELVES.

3. But many people have and they've made you look stupid. But of course you wouldn't recognise this because:

Yes we remember how great you were, and still are.

And like i said many times, how can one offer evidence to disprove that which doesn't exist in the first place?

4. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

exactly!!

5. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

all I say is think for yourself. believe in what you want to believe.

dont always believe in conspiracists. they are trying to make money and fame as well.

6. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

But the evidence is out there. If you are consumed by the garbage they're feeding you, you're not going to know because you will be busy sitting on the couch watching TV, being a dud. Like I said, I have read the writings of those in-the-know. It's not a theory if it can be proven. When I say that they want to kill off 80% of the world's population and forceably implant microchips in the people, this is actually talked about openly by these people. But, some of you who think you know everything will never bother to look into the facts because many of you don't want the truth. You are not interested in the truth, because you are consumed by the illusion and mindless enetertainment they're feeding you, which serves to distract and take you AWAY from the truth.

7. I wont get into this again. But from what i remember, the deeper we delved into your ideas they conveniently left no room for the politics of necessity, for other people's ideas and for self empowerment.

Keep on going insane buddy.

8. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

I don't believe they are telling the truth. However, do I believe the government was RESPONSIBLE for the attacks, I'm not sure.

9. Dustinthewind

Dustinthewind woopdee fucking doo

I am not a very political person. I back our government as I have been told to since I can remember.Do I trust the government, eh, sometimes yes and sometimes no. Do I feel that 9/11 was a conspiracy? unfortunately, being me, i really havent given it much thought.

it happened, Its over, its done with, it was sad, it started a war, tons of people died, soldiers are dying every day because of it. (or so they say that is the reason), and so on.

I feel people shouldnt focus on the conspiracy aspect of things, (the truth will never surface, why drive yourself crazy)

its all good Mr. Pressed, you keep on believing and voicing your opinion, afterall America is one of the few countries that allow you to do so. :)

10. Dustinthewind

it was actually a pun, as America is basically known as the "land of the free" :)

11. Dustinthewind

oh, and I should probably leave this thread now, like i said, I am not a very political person and I can feel the shit comin.

lol.......this thread kind of reminds me of the X-files THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE! :)

12. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

There's alot of truth in that.

It's my belief that anything that the government says- regardless of whose administration is piloting from the bully pulpit- is at beast a calculated misstatement. What is proffered as fact is more intended to sway opinion toward supporting future policies-- example, by asserting that a country is harboring terrorists, it can marginalize dissent against military action as subversive and those who disagree as unpatriotic.

There are degrees of misrepresentation in everything from briefings in the actions in Iraq to rhetoric addressing the current assault on the world economy by Big Oil- many in charge of writing energy policy have their hands in the deep pockets of the likes of Exxon-Mobil who are enjoying 8 Billion dollar profits at the expense of hard working men and women- yet Bush sees no evidence of price gouging--- lie. The evidence of price gouging and price fixing is on display at every gas station and the ABSENCE of biodiesel and ethanol-only filling stations speaks volumes about where the priorities are with energy legislation, and suggests why we really overthrew a repressive and more importantly unfriendly regime in Iraq. It has little to do with terrorists and even less to do with WMDs

People still drive their SUVs like maniacs and refuse to consider that there are viable alternatives... willful ignorance. People bitch and complain about prices yet they drive Jeeps Explorers and Hummers and happily shell out prices far in excess of what would be a reasonable profit in any other business. Election year rhetoric jingles buzz words in the ears of prospective voters as mud-slinging hopefuls duke it out on the airways claiming commitment to reasonable energy prices but precious little attention is given to viable alternatives- instead we hear about how one guy intends to punish oil companies with fines or lift gasoline taxes to give us a break at the pump.

Give me a break--- the only alternatives that is widely available to the American consumer today are hybrids- which are far more expensive up front and have VERY prohibitive mainenance costs down the road- with too little return in terms of fuel savings to make them worthwhile. That will enable auto manufacturers to claim that they tried to make alternatives available but they were too expensive and our government, regardless of what puppet is cast in the role of "in charge", to push policy and nearly 100% of energy policy into the laps of Big Oil.

I've gotten so far off topic that I must apologize to Pressed Rat- but I strongly believe that misinformation about 9-11 is the proverbial tip of the iceberg. By inflaming public opinion against the Taliban and OBL the government guaranteed widespread support for the war in Afghanistan; and by casting itself as the lone beacon in the world fight against terrorism and tyranny the current administration was able to slip our military into Iraq.

So while Shrub's poll numbers sink to nearly unprecedented lows there seems to be an absence of widespread outrage. The current political climate suggests that democrats will make significant gains in the upcoming off-year elections. Even if the GOP majorities are broken we're still stuck in Iraq and Afghanistan, we're virtually guaranteed to have no policy changes as divisive wrangling dominates the final months of what will surely redefine what "lame duck presidency" is all about.

Worse- voters, convinced that they actually had alternatives will go back to their irresponsible, miserable existances convinced that they did all they could. Back to the rat race, back to the gas-guzzling SUV, back to being more concerned with what's going on with Survivor Island than with the fact that our foreign policy is planting the seeds of extremism that will bear its fruit 15-20 years down the road and that our so-called "representative government" stands only for those who are already flush with money.

It's all a lie...a grandiose canard of which 9-11 is just a fragment- albeit a visible one. Iraq is another. The perception that change is possible within the current system is a profound facet- and everyone who goes to the polls thinking that something useful can be accomplished is a willing participant in their own deception

13. ^^^^

See, there are explanations for why the world sucks where you don't have to run and hide in outlandish stories about good and evil and gay baby eating satanist nazis.