A Sexually attractive Mind?

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by Gregonzo, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Gregonzo

Gregonzo Member

:confused: As open minded as we all may be.

How many of us ( a poll)

can be more attractive to a mind than a body?

WHo would find Jack Black More Attractive than Brad Pitt?

I just wondered, cause I can't find a hot girl who likes me for my MIND!!!

2. clockworkorangeagain

clockworkorangeagain femme fatale

so are you gonna make a poll...cos i want my answer to be anonymous....

i have dated ugly guys and what can i say..i like the better looking ones more...haha just joking! i def dont like a hot guy with a shitty assed personality... but sadly looks are a large part of attraction...i think average looks and a great personality is the best we canhope for cos good looking people have out of control egos...

but then of course you get your intellectual egotistical ppl too.. i just think we have to wait...you know the song: you cant hurry love, you just have to wait...bla bla and so on

3. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Brad Pitt's are great actor... Jack Black's a bad comedian.. I think you'd have a hard time trying to find girls interested in that one.

Maybe you're being too standoffish... or maybe you're coming off as arrogant when you're trying to show her your mind...

just a thought I'm not accusing you or anything... but maybe you just need to get to know one of these girls your trying to woo better.

4. peacefuljeffrey

peacefuljeffrey Senior Member

I am guessing you meant, "How many of us can be more ATTRACTED to a mind than a body?"

Look around, and you can definitely see people who are not held back by not being super attractive. In fact, Conan O'Brien at this very moment has a guy on who claims to do "makeovers" to make guys "Macs" -- successful with women. He pointed out Lyle Lovett getting with Julia Roberts, etc. Of course, it helps to be rich, successful, and have some marketable talent...

So it means that if one is not really good looking (like at least above average), you need to make up for it with personality and charm, and interests and abilities.

But I won't lie to you: the first thing I notice is whether someone is physically attractive because before I get to know her, that's all I know of her! How can I be expected to get to know her MIND before I ever see (and decide on) her BODY?

But a good personality can go a long way toward building an attraction to someone I don't necessarily think is that good looking. Somehow, sometimes that metamorphosizes into attraction that goes deeper into the person than just their looks.

Did I come near to answering the question? :p

-Jeffrey

5. mysweetisrael

mysweetisrael Member

I don't know why one would contemplate simply loving a mind. There's more to a human being than their mind. I couldn't love someone just for their mind just like I couldn't love someone just for their looks. I wouldn't be in love with a brain in a vat hooked up to electrodes. Looks are very important to me. I put as much stock in the tangibles as I do the intangibles.

Come to think of it, the thought process underlying your question suggests a fundamental flaw in your approach to the subject. There is no separation between body and mind.

6. JayJ

JayJ Member

Takes a bit of both to be attracted to a person...well for me lol

7. clockworkorangeagain

no i must see their aura fisrt....lol..i fall inlove with a person for their aura

8. white ginger

white ginger Senior Member

hahah
    THANK YOU
    & mysweetisrael speaks truth!

9. Hippievixen

Hippievixen Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Ok, I can totally relate to being attracted to someone's mind... I've masturabated while thinking about people on these forums who don't even have photos posted. I have no idea what they look like... but their text... oh baby!! *LMAO*

I may sound like I'm kidding but I'm serious.

I may be the biggest geek ever since I admitted to this... but oh well, ya'll still love me, right?

10. clockworkorangeagain

omg i am leaving

11. Hippievixen

oh baby clockworkorangeagain, you turn me on with your little 'omg i am leaving'

*giggle*

12. Hippievixen

But seriously, though... I had fellers in college approach me... not the best looking... but then we'd get in these heavy, thought provoking conversations... yeah and I'd get all randy, baby, yeah!!! *giggle*

I am more attracted to freaks than anyone... they don't even have to be a particularly good looking freak, just freaky.

13. Gabino

Gabino Member

Thank you very much.;)

And for the record, I don't look that bad.

Better than John Lennon, in the photo above. Obviously waaaay better than that skinny butt Yoko Ono.

14. clockworkorangeagain

Hippievixen PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM ME!!!!

15. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

"I just wondered, cause I can't find a hot girl who likes me for my MIND!!!" -OP

so...... you want them to like you for your mind, and you'll just appreciate their body? Umm.... that's just silly m'dear.

Personality definately plays a large part of it. However, there are some people who I probably would say no to, based on looks, because I haven't gotten to know their personality yet. Personality can come out a little bit in appearance as well - how you dress, speak, hold yourself, etc.

I wish we weren't so superficial, but dammit, I can be. But I'm not gonna date a hottie who completely disregards my feelings and needs. At the same time, I think I'd have a hard time dating someone with whom I felt no physical chemistry, or was an amputee (hey, it's appearance, and I'm not a big enough person to deal with it. Never said I was perfect).

I guess, it boils down to each individual case more than anything. Some people click, and some just don't, regardless of body and mind.

16. Sebbi

Sebbi Senior Member

Haha

I have been completely mad about a girl for a while, like since beginning of December (ok so not that long) and I only really noticed she has an amazing body a week ago.

I was so attracted to her emotionally that I almost missed the fact that she has a gorgeous ass.

Blessings

Sebbi

17. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

I went out with this really attractive guy and he seemed alright at first, but I got put off by his personality. He might have been really nice to look at (and other things) but he lacked that je ne sais quoi...he was too bland lets say it that way.
    Looks can catch your eye, but a bright mind will keep you sticking around longer...

18. Kali _in_Oz

Kali _in_Oz World Champion Loser

Isn't that a bit of a contridiction?

Anyway....for me its all about the mind. Honestly, I just could not date, or even have sex with a person that did not stimulate me mentally. If you can't make me laugh, hold an adult conversation, and have well formed opinions (not opinions that other people have and you have adopted without any thought to the subject) then you don't stand a chance!

Sure I can look at someone and think, wow they are good looking, but for an actual attraction its all about who they are, not what they look like.

19. clockworkorangeagain

hay you're right..i didnt even read that properly..a hot gitl who likes me for my mind..what an ass or is he just being funny:confused:

20. wallflowergirl

wallflowergirl Member

Personally I think Jack Black is really hot. Mind and body, he's hot.

I do usually go for personality. Of course I go for looks also, I'm just more attracted to people that society wouldn't normally classify as "hot". But they are hot to me, and I'm sure you are hot to a lot of girls. Don't worry about it, you'll find a girl that gets turned on by all of the things you think are unattractive about yourself, you just can't push it. And you definitely can't wait around worrying about not being a brad pitt, because a person has to like you for who you are, not who you aren't, that's how jack black got hot. He doesn't care. :)