a ride to the annual gathering?

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by WoodstockChild, May 13, 2007.

1. WoodstockChild

WoodstockChild Intrepid Traveler!

I live in El Paso, Texas and I'm not sure my parents will have time to drive me down there. Is anyone passing through that area that could give me a ride? I'll contribute some money if needed.
    Thank you and I'm psyched about this whole thing =] At the most I'll need room for 3 people, but it will most likely be just me, or me and my friend, or me and my sister.
    =]

2. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

too good to hitchhike?
    just kidding, I dont recommend 16 year old females hitchike.
    Hope you find a ride. I never been to a national, just regionals.

3. WoodstockChild

Yeah I doubt I'd be able to hitchhike lol.
    It would be nice to have a solid ride.
    It's probably the only way I'll be able to make it!

4. Bumble

Bumble Senior Member

how about taking a greyhound bus to the closest major city? lots phamily will prolly be in and around the major city. I know soaringeagle, Chevy, me and others stopped and picked up some phamily around the Kansas and Colorado boarder and also in Missouri. We are EVERYWHERE!! Just be careful about who ya go with. Trust your vibes. :) Hope to see ya there!

Peace

5. WoodstockChild

That's a good idea. I neeed to find out where I can get a bus to from El Paso.

6. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

7. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

the site hasn't been chosen yet, so it would be hard to know which will be the closest city.

8. merlinclark

merlinclark Member

good luck sis. i suggest working your parents up to the drive. if u can convince them how good it would be for your spirit to go then u can probably convince them they should come too.

9. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

the site actually has been chosen just not let out yet

10. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

Shaina, I heard that rumor too & I ran it down. Scouts are still looking altho there is a site or two that some are more in favor of. By Rainbow Tradition a site isn't supposed to be chosen until spring council meets to discuss sites the scouts have found favorable.

11. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

yeah sure..

cant be chosen?? thats why everyone has known where the last 2 gatherings were months,, before "chosen".

an ,, my guess is this year will be no diffrent.

love n light

12. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

actually my uncle is an old old timer and has already heard from people that are at the actual site. and most of the time they do know the site before spring council at leat they have the last few years and even back in the 80's and early 90's when started going.

13. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

OK HHB, 'can't' wasn't the correct term...my post now reads 'isn't supposed to be'

And I'm not going to argue about what has gone on the last two years cuz I wasn't there...

As far as 'knowing' which site before Spring Council...we did late scouting/early seed camp for the better part of the 90's, & JuJu did seed camp in the 80's, anything can happen. There has been last minute changes in years past, so nothing is ever set in stone. There are almost always several small holding camps in the region this time of year. Hopefully whatever site work the best is the one that turns into seed camp.

14. JodyDnl

JodyDnl Member

We will be told soon.I just wish sooner.Peace to all.__Jody's Camp and co