A Random Frog Post

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Meagain, Aug 25, 2013.

1. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

So I come out of my house yesterday and I see that my cat is attacking something in the yard, looked like a yellow canary bird. I ran down there yelling and screaming at him to "Drop it!", which was his cue to take off running down toward the woods, with the thing dangling in his little fangs.

By now I can see that it's a frog, which I assume is dead as they are really just little green bags of water, which are easily pierced by cat fangs. But I keep after Mr. Cat hoping I can catch him because it may be a dreaded Poison Frog, or something like that, and anyway I don't want my cat to get warts.

Of course I can't catch the dang thing even though he only has three of his own legs and two extra frog ones dragging along the ground behind him. So he beats me to the high grass right there in the poison ivy zone, drops the frog and scoots of to the side to hide.
    The frog is just laying there on his back, stretched out about, oh, I will say, eight inches.

And there he is, eyes wide open, legs stuck out, not breathing, dead as a dodo. Now I have to bury the little sucker so that he doesn't poison the cat (I've heard about natives making poison darts and people licking frogs to get high, you see, so I figure I better be safe).

[​IMG]

(Not the actual frog but that's what he looked like except he should have an X over each eye which you can't see from this angle anyway.)

Now as I'm pondering the best way to penetrate the poison ivy zone in my bare feet to retrieve the little sucker, the cat decides he isn't going to give up his kill that easily.

He mounts a lightening, blitzkrieg attack from the right in an attempt to swoop in and reclaim his treasure!
    I yell at him and execute my own counter thrust in his direction to scare him off, and it works because I am at least several cat heights taller than him and therefore very intimidating, sometimes.

All of this happens in 1.5 nano seconds or so and I return my attention to the dead frog.....which I now can't find!
    Mr. Frog is gone!
    It seems he either ascended into the superswamp in the sky ala J.C. or the little green slime ball was faking his own death!

I never knew that. Frogs play dead, (as well as leap frog).

And the moral is:
    Never trust amphibians.​

2. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Or you to bury frogs?

3. cynthy160

cynthy160 Senior Member

Looks like frogs have more than the nine lives that cats do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbfsCUg7i20"]Frog playing dead - YouTube

4. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

5. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

I was going to post something along the lines of we cremate them here. So I thought I would try to find a funny picture to go with that.

I almost fell of my chair as they do make cremation urns with frogs on them!:eek:

[​IMG]

Here is another, in case you can not get that cat under control!! :)

[​IMG]