A question

Discussion in 'Buddhism' started by Loser-aNm, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Loser-aNm

Loser-aNm Member

so the goal is to stop judging, be free of everything (need) by letting go of (desire). Live in reality, and be a free thinker. One that actually thinks and doesnt assume or try to predict false realitys... right? Ive havent really read up on this but found it interesting, once I started meditating and focusing on a mantra my mind actually calms down, instead of scattered thoughts I am able to actually forget about everything (except my mantra and breathing), once I opened my eyes I feel like Im on a different planet (maybe im feeling what its like to live in a real reality or something like that...

I just wanted to know if I have it sorta right.

http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/Pilou.html

^^ Did read this tho

2. Sebbi

Sebbi Senior Member

Well yes, that is part of it. That's also the bit that's true for pretty much all eastern religions.

I was a bit confused about the needs bit though. The Buddha had needs, like the need for shelter and nourishment and everything. The point of the not being blown about by the 8 worldly winds is that if your needs aren't being fufilled that doesn't affect you emotionally, you just go about fufilling your needs.

Blessings

Sebbi

3. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

bad post.... sorry

4. Cloudminerva

Cloudminerva Member

You pretty much have the main points. You basically learn for yourself and open yourself from within to allow truth to be realized and truely bypass all stereotypes and find the true nature of God and the messages of the prophets. Meditation does amazing things to you... after hundreds years worth of lies and stereotypes from scoiety it only takes one person to completely discover for themselves the truth of any matter, to me that is just beautiful and that very thing has happened in my life and is something that will stay with me forever. Buddhism, Hinduism, and Taoism are all based in many ways on these principles.
    In these sorts of studies, one attains a state of enlightenment in which they discover so many things that they never return to any ignorant states of mind. You really see your natural state and your ego, face-to-face. I guess this is really enlightenment at work :sunglasse

Namaste,
    Ben.

5. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I know what you mean... while I'm meditating, I get so focused, that when I get out of it, for a while, I feel like I'm in a whole new space....

6. Cloudminerva

Cloudminerva Member

Absolutely. Things just are not as good after you have gotten out of the habit of meditating.

Ben.