A question

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Sunburst, May 16, 2004.

1. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

No. Hugging trees is pointless.

2. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

ya?

and so are you!

3. GentleHeartLamb

GentleHeartLamb Member

Personaly I think if you hug a tree it tells the tree you care for it and that it will keep it living if it may look like it dieing because I have huged trees that looked they were dieing and they look so much better now. Ann

4. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

haha me too, it was kinda like licking really rough cardboard.........

5. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

How exactly am I pointless?

Explain yourself, hippo!

6. Edward G.

Edward G. Edwardson

I dunno. I don't think I've ever hugged a tree. Sometimes I put my arms around certain ones to see if they will meet (arms that is) but I don't really considering it hugging. I never really got the point of hugging trees? It couldn't be all that comfortable.

7. Orsino

Orsino Member

People always tell me I give the best hugs and they say that they can see that I really mean it. I hugged a cottonwood tree on valentines day thish year on the way home from watching movies at the theatre that night.... lol... I walked like... till 2 am..... and the movie finished at 9. :p I don't have anyone to hug. I like hugs. Hmm... i've got a test tomorrow that will determine credits and it makes up for 1/4 of the tests I have to take to pass.... maybe I ought to go to bed...

8. SunFree

SunFree Member

The reason I am driven to hug trees is, sometimes when I'm outside, listening to the right music or just the sounds of the world around me, I'll suddenly become overwhelmed with such overbrimming joy and wonder at the awesomness of nature that I can think of no other way to let it through me than to wildly embrace a piece of the world; show it my gratitude and promise to be it's protectorate.

9. GentleHeartLamb

GentleHeartLamb Member

Cool SunFree well all need to protect what can potect it self people are cutting down trees to make paper and many other things and if we recycle paper of any kind we will help protect the trees because they will need to cut down less to make paper or whatever. Buying things thats made with recycled stuff makes more of it and it help save the eath some. Ann

10. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

I have a huge Mayday tree in my backyard that I sit in everyu single day. It's amazing. And it has suc good-smelling white flowers all over it, and I just sit in it, lay in it, and many a time when I sit, I hug a branch. I love trees:)

11. kier

kier I R Baboon

one of the tree's in my garden has gone :( i pulled the root and stump out a few weeks back...

but i plant lots of trees :) i have an oak that's 13 years old now, i planted it when i was 5 in a little pot in my room, and now its really tall

instead of hugging trees, try and plant them it can be hard for some of you, but hugging tree's don't do all that much

here's an interesting fact though...the tree's are fatter at night

because in the daytime they lose more water from condensation (leaves are thinner) and even their trunks get thinner....as the xylem (what takes the water to the leaves) are pulled tight as they are 'sucking' up more water (like a straw)

so if your going to hug a red wood, do it just after midday!!;)