A question. What before bang?

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Razorofoccam, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Jack_Straw2208

Jack_Straw2208 Senior Member

spooooooooky

2. smokindude

smokindude Senior Member

God created the earth.

3. steffan

steffan puffin

I had a thought some years back on this very thing. It acured to me that being as how the universe is made up of negative and positive particles in various configurations that perhaps at one time all these particels where perfectly and semetricly aligned and the "bigbang" tore this fabric apart and mater is simply the end result of these particles trying to realign themselves

4. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

No man can know, since our ape brains are ill-equipped to perceive time without reverting back to linearity, and the multi-dimensional universe we exist in as points in space-time.

Hotwater

5. Axis: Bold As Love

Axis: Bold As Love Member

And I have a seventy-inch dick.

6. Axis: Bold As Love

Axis: Bold As Love Member

[​IMG]

7. steffan

steffan puffin

Uh, time is liniar, that sort of defines it

8. HoneySuckleBlue

HoneySuckleBlue Cosmic Artist

9. cKirby

cKirby Member

Before the big bang there was the foreplay.

10. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Why is "we don't know" so unsatisfying? "Lets find out by looking at ..." seems to be almost as unsatisfying. "Let's make up a super-being" seems most common.

"There must be a super-being, since my imagination has run out of other explainations" is more ego than logic.

11. cricketlind

cricketlind Member

Who even really "Knows" that there was a big bang!? I wasn't there and neither was anyone else. We can all use our best thinking and scientists all swear that there was a big bang event but they if fact are only spouting what they think they know. I have learned in this life that what one thinks they know and the facts of the matter can very easily be totally different. The more I "know" the less I "know" that I "Know"! If no life existed then whom was there to hear a bang? Sound is a percieved thing in the brain of a living consciousness. It is only a vibration that is "heard" in our heads as "sound". Did the universe as we know it have a beginning and will it have an end? No, I do not think it had a beginning as we define that word. The universe is expanding as we percieve it. But our perceptions may be skewed. A child percieves the world very different than an adult and if we could travel way out past the milky way galaxy and look back at planet earth and our galaxy we might see and percieve a very different world. We are limited in our ability to conceptualize the infinite as we are finite beings living in a linear finite world of our own making. Time is NOT linear we only think it is. All of time exists in this one moment and all of what we percieve to exist as a vast universe is actually present in the spot we occupy at any given moment. I cannot prove it to you. But it is true. One day hopefully you will see the truth of this statement and then you will "know". The Masters throughout the ages have stated such and I have had experiences that validate this. So, the argument what was before the big bang is a moot point. But I can answer that: The Source!

Peace, Cricket

12. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

whew that mustabin some weed you smoked there cricketlind, maybe if you cut back some you could also show us some of your einsteinian mthematics you have cultivated to go along with this little presentation

MikeE do you have any rational proof things arent as science says?
    and dont say yeah god because like dude god dont exist

13. Shane99X

Shane99X Senior Member

i dont understand why people assume there has to be a first cause.

maybe time is infinite.

14. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

Erm well ya see even if time is infinite - you have to ask is there time without causation ?
    no there isnt - unless it is possible for cause and effect to happen there is no time so the prime cause was also the beginning of time

when nothing happened, nothing happened, not even time

(from an earlier post)

15. fat_tony

fat_tony Member

I just realised I made that post so I may as well respond. I guess the first thing ill say it that i was trying to raise the possibility that time is indeed not infinite. There is of course very complex tensor maths that makes my head spin describing this stuff, but the long and short of it is that all these words, cause, effect, causation and before had no meaning before the big bang. There was no cause there was no effect. Asking what came before the big bang is a trick of language not a true physical question, rather like asking what sound blue makes. Grammatically it makes sense but physically it has no meaning. The whole direction of time is a very philosophical issue even in contemporary physics, I guess I follow the line that entropy determines 'the arrow of time' but thats only because that was the most convincing argument i've heard and i've not come up with anything better myself.

16. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

17. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

No, I don't have proof that things aren't as science says they are. Why should I? I never claimed that they were otherwise.

I agree with your last comment. My point is that, in many areas, "we don't know" is the correct proper scientific answer. Our ignorance does not imply the existance of invisible powerful beings.

OTHER ANSWER:

Historicaly, humanities theories about how things are have all proven to not be the case. This indicates that it is likely that the current theories about the universe are also wrong.

18. Synthesis

Synthesis Banned

I'm guilty of not reading the previous posts so if I repeat anything, srry.

My Thoughts.

First this is a very relative subject that has to be discussed in a small relative space. But,

Black holes. You all know what black holes are so I'll save the explaination. Black hole eats another black hole and becomes a bigger black hole. Bigger black holes continue to grow by "eating" smaller black holes. This process continues until ALL matter has been eatin by two massive black holes. Finally The larger of the two black holes eats the smaller one and then ALL of INFINITY is in one single locations and can't be contained then, BANG!!!!!!!!!!! Then the process starts all over again.

collapse
    BANG!
    collapse
    BANG!
    collapse
    BANG!

yeng
    yang
    yeng
    yang
    yeng
    yang

19. fat_tony

fat_tony Member

Well as a rule its thought that we are looking for a macroscopic process to give time a direction as quantum phenomena tend to be time symmetric, there are exceptions but the effects are subtle and for technical reasons don't convince me. Causality is the obvious everyday reason for the arrow time, I have to boil the kettle, before the water gets hot. Of course this can be thought of physically as a manifestation of using entropy as the arrow of time. The process of me boiling the kettle increases the entropy in the universe.

20. freediver

freediver Member

what about the existence of matter? matter cannot be created or destroyed? well that implies that it was "always" there. i mean seriously where the hell did matter come from. My human mind can't grasp the fact that matter has "always" existed. so that is where i break down and say there is a god (that is immaterial) that is where matter came from. but then you have to say god was "always" there, damn i hope we find all this shit out when we die.