A question about relationships ;-)

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by ZePpeLinA, May 27, 2004.

1. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

first of all I wanna know whether you think it's better to be friends with someone you like for a while before starting a relationship or if it feels right, start going out with them as soon as you meet.

I've just met this v. nice boy on saturday night at this party and we talked all night, we had lots of fun. we didnt kiss, cos i didnt want to spoil it. (past experiences)...anyways he got my number and said he'd call me.

It seems i gave him my number wrong (booze hehe) but he managed to get it through people and he called me. we arranged to meet last night for coffee and as i had to go early we walked to the bus stop and we kissed. it was nice. i like him, but i dont wanna rush into anything. i just want to be friends, not get too heavy. I fancy him but i dont want to call it a "relationship". I told him I'm afraid of relationships cos of past stuff and he's got a similar outlook on this. we have that in common. i told him i'm honest with my feelings cos i dont like people to lie to me.

we are going out again on saturday, he invited me to this rave. it'll be fun but as i said, i dont want things to get "serious" right away! just enjoy each other's company without having to go too deep yet.

anyways, what do you think?

2. kier

kier I R Baboon

where possible....i mean, i don't go out trying to find girls, though i can go out trying to find friends. i have so little experience in relationships though..but i couldn't really be intimate with someone unless i knew them better

3. grim_rebel

grim_rebel Member

be friends first... you can never spend too much time knowing someone... i just spent about a month being this girl's friend and just this afternoon we hugged for about half an hour... both went through a lot of shit but our friendship is what saved us, we knew enough about each other and confessed enough to truly see what was going on. I urge you to know this very nice boy first, as looks can be deceiving as can personalities. Plus, whenever i've rushed into relationships they never last, only when we were/are friends first. That's my two cents...

4. HippieFlowerGirl67

HippieFlowerGirl67 Banned

My first bf was right off the bat into a relationship. This past guy I was semi seeing but no relationship, started cutting himself and blaming me for his actions. I know what I'm doing if I hold off on something....

5. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

personally i hate trying to move someone from the friends box to a realtionship one, i find it awkward and weird. but i dont speak for everyone.

i think youre doing the right thin gby telling him you want to go slow, and why you want to go slow. hopefully hell be patient as well

6. Magical Fire Lady

Magical Fire Lady Senior Member

You don't have to be necessarily friends or in a relationship, I think you should just get to know each other, take it really really slow.. Things always work out better if you take them slow in my opinion. Don't set any rules or anything ya know just go with the flow of things

7. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

guys, stop responding to this threat..

to make the story short: we dated, he cheated on me, the guy was a wanker!!!

that was like 3 years ago...I've moved on big time ;)

8. neponiatka

neponiatka Senior Member

i think true relationships alw start with friendship

9. Layla Nahar

Layla Nahar Member

take your tiiime - go slooow - follow your instincts. & he will understand. If he's really keen on you, he will really respect you for sticking to what's meaningful to you. take your time!