a personal question - period pain

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by Defence_mechanism, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Defence_mechanism

Defence_mechanism Member

ok um...

when i get my period not only do i get the annoying but normal ache... but i also get stabbing pains in the lower abdomen. last night they woke me up and i couldnt get back to sleep. they're worse when i wake up in the morning. and i could be walking along and suddenly have a stabbing pain and have to keel over...:(

anyone else get this? am i normal or is this not so great? are they wind-pains???:confused:

2. Bassplayerjojo

Bassplayerjojo Member

I get some pretty intense period pains as well...and midol or pamprin just will not work sometimes. I like to drink mint tea, it seems to help a little bit. Also a heated water bag or pad on your abdomen may help. Also, try stretching, loosen up your muscles.

And if you smoke pot, I find that it helps cramps.

Also, have you spoken to your doc about it? Extremely painful periods can be a sign of endometriosis.

3. maryjaneguitargurl

maryjaneguitargurl I am just like you.

ur fine.. i sometimes get that.......

4. enigma_rising

enigma_rising Member

period pains can be awful, if they are waking you up and persist go to your gp, there are various drugs u can use from the gp that are stronger than the store bought variety if you need them, more natural ways to ease the pains are heat, and strangly i found rubbing my stomach quickly helped during the bad bits, sort of confuses the nerves a bit. there are herbal remedies too....try speaking to a herbalist, they may help.

5. renee

renee Member

It's normal, don't worry about it buddy.:)

6. xthevalkyriex

xthevalkyriex Member

Cramps are one thing, but if you're experiencing stabbing pain during your period, it could be endometriosis. Go to a doc, just to be sure.

7. sunshinedaisy11

sunshinedaisy11 Member

I can relate. I get that all the time! It's so painful. Last night I went out to dinner and the pain was so bad my mom had to take me home really early. It hurt to even breath and it killed to sit up straight and walk. I took some midol and used thermacare pads (these heating pads you put around your stomach) and they helped a little. If they are really bad and happen every time you get your period you should probably see a doctor about it. It could be a sign that somethings wrong. I'm think I'm going tomorrow. Good luck with everything. ~PEACE

8. Levi

Levi Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I used to have this. I would collapse and spend about 8 hours on the floor. The cramps would gain and lose intenity every couple of minutes and when I had my children I realized that my periods and cramps had felt like contractions and labor.

You should go to the doctor. Muscle relaxers can help, so can birth control pills. This could be serious, and a visit to the doctor might bring you some real relief.

Ever since I had kids the pain isn't so bad. i'm not reccomending that as a cure, though. ;-)

9. user__friendly

user__friendly Member

The first half of this year I had horrible, horrible period pains on my first, and sometimes second day of my periods. No amount of pain reliever, heating pads, whatever would work. I got sent home like every month from school on the first day of my period just because it was that bad. I couldn't sleep or anything.

If you get really sharp pains like that, you should really get it checked out just to be safe. Otherwise, it's just sadly a bad case of cramps.. and hopefully you get over that.

Good luck! <3

10. Twizted96

Twizted96 Member

is it normal...or can you get your period a week before your supposed to?