A peice of advice? A word of wisdom from the experienced?

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by Smerfish, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Random Andy

Random Andy Member

I would tell you about the time I was sitting on a bench in a park by a lake in Annecy in France in the early night time. I was with a bunch of kids I had just met (I say kids, they were a coupla years younger than me). I had been living in France about two years although most of that had been in Disneyland where everyone spoke English. In Annecy I knew no one who spoke English.
    As I sat back, listening to people around me, I realised that I understood evrything that was being said effortlessly. Thinking about how alien and meaningless the French tongue had used to sound to me, and how I had somehow thought of the French and all non-English speakers as something different from 'us'. It was at this point that I realised that 'us' means evryone in the world. That although different languages do set us apart, the thoughts that shape those words are essentially the same the world over.

2. hippycarly

hippycarly Member

Some Advice:
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn :)

seriously, love and peace, just be, don't worry about other people's hangups, that is their problem, just be yourself and you will do fine.
    Carly

3. wifiepooh2558

wifiepooh2558 Member

"Pick the things in life that you will be proud of, You'll regret the things you don't do in life far worse then the ones you did and failed at, be quick to listen and slow to speak and always question authority"

4. wifiepooh2558

wifiepooh2558 Member

"Always follow your heart and risk all in the name of love"

5. Shagadelic

Shagadelic Member

Always drink upriver from the bathing spot.;)

Shag

6. luvndrumn

luvndrumn Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

1. Don't tug on Superman's cape.
    2. Don't spit into the wind.
    3. Don't pull the mask off the ol Lone ranger.
    4. Don't mess around with anyone named Jim.

OK, enough folderol.

Ain't no guarentee that any of us that have gone before you know any more for the going. My advice? Just remember that Mother Nature and Karma are blood sisters and you don't want to fuck with either one.

Other than that, just be you - you're the best person for the job.

7. Donny Jr.

Donny Jr. Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Beer to a Bear? I BET that WAS a trip. Live and learn!

8. Dudley Do Right

Dudley Do Right In Your Head

I can’t narrow it down to just one thing, So. Be kind to all living things. Be honest to yourself as well as others, (be real not phony). Stay on the true path, you’ll know it when you stumble upon it. If you fall pick yourself up, dust your self off and get on with it. Have a good sense of humor. Oh yea, I almost forgot “Don’t Eat The Yellow Snow.”

9. Dudley Do Right

Dudley Do Right In Your Head

yes my son...it's spelt "peace" sorry had to.

10. VillageSam

VillageSam Member

I tell my daughter to never judge people by how they look. Try and give off positive energy and accept people for who they are. Anything you want to do you CAN and always let your inner spirit be your guide as it will never let you down. Follow your dreams whatever they may be. And always wear clean undies. LOL

11. Mardou

Mardou Member

What a wicked thread, I'm enjoying reading all these gems of wisdom!

12. Varuna

Varuna Senior Member

Always allow Love to be your guide, learn to trust the Universe.

Pay attention, even a little more consciousness benefits everyone.

Know that your life is far more meaningful than the fears you confront (or avoid) and the desires you satisfy (or avoid). Make peace with your fears and your desires, but don't let them dominate you. The peace you make is exactly the same thing as your chances of ever knowing anything else.

Know truth for what it really is, know reality for what it truly is, it is rarely what fear or desire tells you to believe.

Appreciate and make peace with your mortality.

Appreciate and rehumanize your enemies, you'll love them once you realize who they are.

13. catman5169

catman5169 Member

If you smoke after sex, you've done it waay too fast:rolleyes:

14. DSL

DSL Member

Never forget that drugs can really screw you up. I'm not saying that they will, just that they can, so if you do use drugs keep this in mind at all times and treat all mind altering substances with great respect.

15. Mellow Yellow

Mellow Yellow Electrical Banana

Live for the present, the past will only imprison you, and the future may never come...

16. earthmother

earthmother senior weirdo

Try to put yourself in the other guys shoes. There's always many sides to a story.....
    ......And don't throw your trash on the ground!

17. Varuna

Varuna Senior Member

Recognize and respect the obvious, simple facts,

You are life on earth, so am I, so is everyone,

This universe includes everyone and everything,

The quality of your life IS your relationship to all of this,

Celebrate everything.

Peace and Love

18. THUDLY

THUDLY Member

Use enough gun.

19. teepi

teepi living my dream

Never pass up an opportunity to learn.
    Not the drivvle they teach they teach in those buildings they call schools...

learn everything you can about getting by in this world.
    Learn how to grow and stock food, how to build shelter, about solar and wind energy, how to dig a well.
    Learn how to take care of a vehicle and a bicycle.
    Learn about using a chainsaw,how to cut wood.
    Learn about not buying into the credit card/banking bullshit.
    Learn a trade...how to weld or sharpen knives or fix small engines or how to sew,landscaping,sign language, anything you can use to make money without working for some one else..if you have a passion..swimming,playing music,snowboarding,find a way to get so good at it you could make money teaching someone else.

Find your center...your spirit and nurture it.
    Every day find a quiet place and just..listen.

Learn about herbs and eating healthy.
    Learn how to pick your battles and don't sweat the small stuff.
    Don't judge others too harshly...they are muddling through this life and are learning at whatever pace they are learning.

Learn how to comprimise...never be so rigid that you can't bend a little.
    Learn to think for yourself..if 100 people do something stupid..it's still something stupid.

Never be afraid to ask questions....there are no stpid questions..just stupid people who never ask questions.

Remember..you can't polish a turd.
    If you are around people who are not respecting you or trying to get you to do things that are no good...get away from them. They are not your friends....
    If you are in a relationship that is changing who you are for the worst...no good.
    Never marry anyone thinking you can change them.
    Never stay in an abusive relationship thinking you can change the other person.

And above all..be your own best friend and listen to yourself,
    if you have a problem, sit down and talk to yourself as if you were giving advise to a friend,,then take it.

I know this is more than one thing but these are the things I've always told my kids.

20. high_down_under

high_down_under Member

moose a muffin! omg, i have that book! hahah

okay, words of wisdom---hmm
    my german teacher once said to me 'never lose your sense of humour, cause theres no way in hell you can get through life without it'
    that was probably the best thing anyones ever said to me