A Parenting Swap Box

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Applespark, May 14, 2004.

1. Applespark

Applespark Ingredients:*Sugar*

It takes a community to raise a child and as parents we should all know how hard it is to do it on your own or otherwise. And I am sure we all care about the wellbeing of folks in here. So I have an idea we could all benefit from..Not that we are needy people of each otehr and need handouts but it's nice to share with each other.

It is a swap box just for the parenting forum folks...for example everyone let me know who wants to be in, what your childrens ages are and how many you have and boy or girl. Then we can organize a swap box say from oldest type children to youngest so that each child/family will get what they need for the next phase of growth....

So like we organize it so that the parent of the oldest child gose first and sends clothing or food or toys or whatever it is to the next youngest childs parent who will do the same for the next youngest childs parent...and in the end the people with very young babies will get the same. And usualy the swap box ends with the person who started it..the last person sending it to the first. So maybe someone with a very young child and an older child gose first so that in the end they have something for their baby?

So things that you give away could be like anything your child has grown out of that the next child down could use.
    You guys catching on here?

We can set the dat for 3 weeks from today as the cuttoff day for people to get in so that gives you all plenty of time to decide if you want to be in or not..that date being may 29th 2004. Swap boxes are free we all just pay shipping for our own shipments

2. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

sounds great... I have a box of barely used boys clothes sizes 0-3 and even some preemie stuff. Noah is still using 3-6 but growing out now so soon I'll be getting rid of those too. Croix is going into size 18 months and 24 months. I have plenty of baby toys too. I also have about 3 bags of diapers I opened to use one or two out of but never used the rest. They aren't brand name like pampers but I think they should work just as good. I also have about 15 size newborn diapers left that my boys never used. Little slippers, shoes, and hats. If anyone has a little boy or is expecting a little boy I'd love to send a swap box!

3. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Sign me up!

Noah is 15 months now, but wears 2T, so I have lots of his old stuff. I think what we really need, though, are those cabinet latch things. The kid is crazy about slamming doors on his fingers...he likes to pull stuff out, too. He's like a little monkey. He never stops. We have lots of old shoes, too, because his feet grow so fast....Size 5 and down, I think.

4. Earthy Mama

i forgot to add in i also have a bassinet w/ sheets and a carseat too. the carseat has only been used for a year and is still clean and up to safety standards. the only thing is u might need a "s-hook"(i think thats waht it is called) depending on what kind of car u have.

5. HappyHaHaGirl

I have a carrier seat, too. Plus a swing and a walker and some tiny diapers left over. Everything is in the best condition it can be in with a baby... :) All still very useable.

6. Earthy Mama

guess what happy! I have a safety kit I dont use... it has corner guards(4), door knob protectors(2), door latches(6) and I did have slide locks(2,not used) but I'd have to see if I can find them. They are all yours if you'd like them.

7. HappyHaHaGirl

Awesome! Thanks a lot! If you need anything, I probably have it. :)

8. Applespark

I have a whole grip of things too. My son is 2 and a half and wares size 3 and 4 because hes very tall. I Have cabnet latches I think I will have to look when we moved things are all over still but anyways and I have clotehs and toys too.

9. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

Great idea! I have two girls 5 and 15 months. I have tons of little girl clothes NB-12mo. I also have infant cereal that is leftover (still sealed) like 6 boxes. My five yr old wears 6-7, but all her clothes go to my 3 yr old sister!

10. Applespark

It would be nice to get as many people as possible in this because I think it's a really good idea to share with each other.

11. Harvest*mama

Harvest*mama Member

good idea Applespark~
    I have two boys ages 5 and almost 3.... I do have some clothes for winter size 2 that are in good condition, and several cloth diapers Lg-XL and 2 fleece covers same size....... I'm would like boys clothes size 6/7, natural kid body wash/shampoo, and nature books for kids.. thats about all i can think of ~

Valerie

12. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

I need lg diaper covers--to fit my 15 mo. I have 6 mediums for anyone who needs them.

13. Applespark

Ok you all still want to do this ? I'll give it one more day for peopel to be in.

14. Earthy Mama

yup, I need to clean out!

15. HappyHaHaGirl

I was just about to ask if this was still going on.. :) I still haven't cleaned out Noah's clothes... but I have everything from 18 months down. He's a 2T now, it's ridiculous. :) I also found a stash of tiny diapers... maybe a size 2... they aren't in the bag, so I don't know. But they aren't the velcro kind... they're the original sticky kind with that cute little duck on them from Suzy's Zoo... :)

16. DecemberSun

DecemberSun Member

I have a bunch of clothes for boys or girls from newborn to 12 months. I have baby toys galore, stuffed animals, etc. Tons of jars of unopened baby food, and cereal. I have a brand new (never washed, never worn) Sunburst Shop hemp fitted diaper, size X-Large, should fit around 20 lbs. I have a Growing Greens (one-size) hemp fitted that I tie-dyed but it came out too girly for my DS (lots of pink, and yellow). I'll throw in a fleece-topped doubler, too.

I'm looking for GOOD quality *soft* prefolds, wool covers, boy's clothing size 18-24 mos., and girl's clothing size 24 months/2T-ish, size 5 Buskins or similar, and picture books for toddlers to work on their vocabulary by naming objects. :)

Peace, Leah

17. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

Apple-I pm'd my address.

18. Applespark

K ladies I have been very sick for the past couple of days so I'ma need some help here figurin this out haha...I thougt more people were goona wanna be in this and so far this is what we have..

Applespark: 1 boy Mason age 2 wares size3- 4 I have boys clothes 12months to 2 t and I have some toys too.

Earthy mamma Eryn 2 boys Noah wares 3- 6 months and higher and Croix wares 18 months and 24 months I have a box of barely used boys clothes sizes 0-3 and even some preemie stuff. .I have plenty of baby toys too. I also have about 3 bags of diapers I opened to use one or two out of but never used the rest. I also have about 15 size newborn diapers left that my boys never used. Little slippers, shoes, and hats. If anyone has a little boy or is expecting a little boy I'd love to send a swap box!

i also have a bassinet w/ sheets and a carseat too. the carseat has only been used for a year and is still clean and up to safety standards. the only thing is u might need a "s-hook"(i think thats waht it is called) depending on what kind of car u have.

Happy haha girl one boy he is 15 months wares 2 T I think what we really need, though, are those cabinet latch things. We have lots of old shoes, too.Size 5 and down, I think. I have a carrier seat, too. Plus a swing and a walker and some tiny diapers left over. Everything is in the best condition it can be in with a baby... All still very useable.I have everything from 18 months down. He's a 2T now, it's ridiculous. I also found a stash of tiny diapers... maybe a size 2... they aren't in the bag, so I don't know. But they aren't the velcro kind... they're the original sticky kind with that cute little duck on them from Suzy's Zoo...

Sugar mag has 2 girls 5 years wares 6-7 and 15 months I have tons of little girl clothes NB-12mo. I also have infant cereal that is leftover (still sealed) like 6 boxes. My five yr old wears 6-7, but all her clothes go to my 3 yr old sister!need lg diaper covers--to fit my 15 mo. I have 6 mediums for anyone who needs them.

Harvest mamma has 2 boys ages 5 and almost 3 I do have some clothes for winter size 2 that are in good condition, and several cloth diapers Lg-XL and 2 fleece covers same size....... I'm would like boys clothes size 6/7, natural kid body wash/shampoo, and nature books for kids.. thats about all i can think of ~

Decembersun needs boys clothes 18 to 24 months

Girls clothes 18 months to 2 t ish I have a bunch of clothes for boys or girls from newborn to 12 months. I have baby toys galore, stuffed animals, etc. Tons of jars of unopened baby food, and cereal. I have a brand new (never washed, never worn) Sunburst Shop hemp fitted diaper, size X-Large, should fit around 20 lbs. I have a Growing Greens (one-size) hemp fitted that I tie-dyed but it came out too girly for my DS (lots of pink, and yellow). I'll throw in a fleece-topped doubler, too.
    I'm looking for GOOD quality *soft* prefolds, wool covers, boy's clothing size 18-24 mos., and girl's clothing size 24 months/2T-ish, size 5 Buskins or similar, and picture books for toddlers to work on their vocabulary by naming objects.

Do you guys have any ideas on how the order should go? Looks like the two oldest kids are 5 but are both girl and boy so I don't really know how to work it.

19. Earthy Mama

actually noah is done with 3-6 now and in 9 months.

20. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

It would be really great to get a few more people involved so we could have more variety to pass around. I don't think anyone now that we've heard from has a need for baby girl clothes, and that is what I mostly have. Come on peeps!