A Note To Atheists.

Discussion in 'Agnosticism and Atheism' started by Jimbee68, Mar 6, 2023.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

Sorry, but I felt compelled to say this at least once.

I like to think I believe in God now, but I am very skeptical, and I seem to become more agnostic the older I get. So atheists, I know where you're coming from, and tend to agree with you even. But no, you're not perfect either, because no one is.

No it's not your fault, it's just human nature. But I do have to say one thing, has anyone ever noticed how obnoxious some atheists are getting. No not all, and I hope not most. But Christian's are at least still courteous and polite.

I'm sorry but it's true.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2023
  2. Shy0ne

Shy0ne Members

so then you are saying that you do not believe in God and you do not disbelieve in God, you are 100% neutral?

What you described sounds more like atheist to me. An agnostic cant 'legitimately' believe either side is correct.

3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

MeAgain likes this.
  4. scratcho

5. scratcho

6. scratcho

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

every belief ever given a name, or even not, could all be completely wrong and there could still be gods or a god, because nothing has to be known in order to exist.
    the point is though, the unknown being unknown, why would a god supposedly all powerful, or close enough to it, owe anything, to what one mortal tells another to claim they know about it?

scratcho likes this.
  8. Intrepid37

Intrepid37 Banned

Are atheists really sure that God doesn't exist?

Really?

9. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

I say God is small, and this is no disrespectable condition. All powerful? Atheists are compelled to relate to
    religious people - Commanded! Free choice as to respond.

How could a lonesome and isolated colony of space atheists stay pure? (Maybe if
    the founders are all women who manage a sperm bank) .

Last edited: Mar 6, 2023
  10. Intrepid37

Intrepid37 Banned

You know this?

11. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

I think God is small because it's the only idea I've ever had about it. It seemed to
    come about originally. So, I say it occasionally. That's what I know... and I wonder
    of the tiny bright lights I see flying about. One might land on your nose. One time
    ago, two of them flew into my eyes. This gave sharp but extremely momentary pain.
    I don't know , did they ever come out? Yes or no

12. Intrepid37

Intrepid37 Banned

Interesting. I once read something about the creation of the cosmos.

It said that in the beginning there was a sea of Spirit and it filled all space. It was static, content, aware of itself - a giant resting on the bosom of its thought, contemplating that which it was.

Then it moved. It withdrew into itself, until all space was empty - and that which had filled it was shining from its center; a restless, seething mind. This was the individuality of the spirit; this was what it discovered itself to be when it awakened; this was God.

It does sound very small to me.

It went on to say: God desired to express Himself, and He desired companionship. Therefore, He projected from Himself the cosmos and souls.

This seems to correspond to what science refers to as the big bang.

No idea if any of this is factual, but I won't be surprised if I eventually find out that it is.

13. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Factual and satisfactual - Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder. The Big Bang is only reasoned. Why not discover
    the Big Bang is no relation? I think such knowledge is not power, yet there is potential for more knowledge.
    I'll equate power with potential for action.

14. Intrepid37

Intrepid37 Banned

No idea what you're getting at there.

I was just lending support to your belief that God is small.

15. MexxiSteve

MexxiSteve Members

It's an absolute mindfuck to think God who is all in all, the Alpha and the Omega, beginning and the end got lonely and said I want a friend and created us but gave us free will because He knew love is nothing without choice. He knew many people would choose not to love Him but still figured it was worth it for those that would.

16. Intrepid37

Intrepid37 Banned

Who said God got lonely?

I certainly have zero knowledge as to what God thinks or feels.

17. MexxiSteve

MexxiSteve Members

Of course no one knows the mind of God - I'm speculating - but He had a desire of some kind which is super trippy to think about.

18. Intrepid37

Intrepid37 Banned

The cosmos and the activities of the souls within it strike me as His version of television.

19. MexxiSteve

MexxiSteve Members

But He doesn't just observe, He's the central character.

20. Intrepid37

Intrepid37 Banned

How so?