A new home ?

Discussion in 'Back to the Garden' started by JvY, Jun 14, 2006.

1. JvY

JvY Member

This idea may seem a bit farfetched, or out of reach - but if people really strive for love and a world of peace without any worries of a true extent, cant we start one? One with a true society and morals, one where you can speak your mind with people judging - a real place.

As hard as this could seem to grasp, who would give up *almost everything they had to come to a new place that was as close to perfect as we can get on this world?

Now the question is, where can we start this place?

- Peace & Love my friends

2. Crosslight

Crosslight Banned

Any location would be just fine....the main question is "how".....anyway people willing to give up almost everything they have to follow a dream are easy to find....amongst very young people.....
    Maybe what you mean by » a new place that was as close to perfect as we can get on this world? « is just one happy family...
    peace & love & good luck

3. JvY

JvY Member

that would be good, but wont happen for many reasons , and is why i said i think we are in need of a new place.

4. gate68

gate68 Senior Member

people judge.it's how we get by.If we kept them out then we would be judging.

5. JvY

JvY Member

i would nvr not allow some1 "in". nor did i say i wouldnt allow some1 in. I just would like a new place to start, it would be much easier.

6. gate68

gate68 Senior Member

but it would end up the same.We need to work on the here and now.

7. woodsman

woodsman Senior Member

You would need a reasonable amount of space between the community and the rest of civilization in order to reduce interference from the outside. The more remote areas in Nevada or Arizona might be a good place for this type of establishment (if you can survive the harsh climate). If you build too close to the rest of society the outsiders will try to get your community to bend to their will so they can control it (because modern society is all about controlling other people), thereby corrupting the original vision of peace and individuality.

8. Grim

Grim Wandering Wonderer

Hey, I'm all in for something of that sort...and I think I can vouch for a friend or two on that too.
    You need a spot...a big spot not likely to get bulldozed or developed or drilled anytime soon, and somewhere pretty well off the trodden path.
    You need people...not just dreamers, but folks willing to get their hands dirty and pour some sweat, blood, and tears into things.
    And you just need a lot of love and hope.

Can it happen? Sure...stranger things have. But bet on folks being a little skeptical. This isn't the first time someone suggested something like this.
    But that doesn't mean it's not worth making it happen.

9. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator

Your gonna need a shit load of money first. To buy the land. To build the buildings, to put in PLUMBING and to dig a Water Well, go solar or however you decide to transmitt power. It's all gonna cost $$.
    You'd have to own the land to build a community on, or face being evicted. And I might warn you, pay as you go doesn't always work out, you can still be evicted or have the land sold out from under you. It has Happened!!
    There are many established Communes still up and running. Talk to Old Wolf in the Waysharing thread in the Personal Forums. He is in the process of building a community up in the Five Finger Lake area, up North. It's no easy process, but I do wish you the best of it.
    Brightest Blessings
    sh

10. gate68

gate68 Senior Member

Ask the mormon polygimists that set up in these areas about harrasment.The long arm of the law is everywhere.Anywhere you go you have to deal with society and it's ways,even in the communes.It's much better to create a new world around you.Change the status quo.Be the person you want others to be and they will react in kind.

11. JvY

JvY Member

i mean, a seperate country would be the best, but that costs... atleast i think? inhabiting some sort of land that IS inhabitable, and reachable. Where everything starts new. Money is an issue and always will be. Unless you get people to relize that paper is really nothing. Which is possible. Im all in for going to the GOV. with a few ... hundred thousand people protesting for our

"ahem" - Manifest Destination - , WHICH IS how our country came to be and truely justified the killings of the south americans , central americans, native americans and others.

Im sure there is always a "crack" in the system, the thing is to exploit it in a way that our gov. has already done- thus saying, they did it for the better cause, so are we?

This is all in terms of getting a new place to start.*

12. gate68

gate68 Senior Member

we could call it the million man march.i'm sorry to be so pessimistic,you're theory is valid but we'd have to have a hundred thousand drones with one mind.America is or at least is supposed to be about individuals,something the "hippies" simply expanded on.Don't worry about being judged.Those who do it are only limiting themselves.Manifest destiny was only an excuse to hord and steal property not a way to start anew.The new world is already here,intensly intertwined with the old,embrace it and expand on it...peace

13. JvY

JvY Member

good word. i agree with that, yet i guess im saying this for pure entertainment now that i think of it, oh well a new place nvr really hurts

14. gate68

gate68 Senior Member

Probably cause i live in my own little new world already.Entertainment is recreation which is re-creation.Recreate whats here now.Be the new world.

15. Levi0814

Levi0814 Member

Maybe you! It sure as hell isn't how I get by.

It would be wonderful to be able to get people excited again about the potential we all have if we just work together an believe. But just how to go about that... hmmm.

16. supertramp

supertramp Member

dude your on the right track......george carlin was once asked where he thought the world went wrong.....he replied.....when we quite living in packs of 9.....find some people,buy some land you can afford make sure to pay your land taxes ,and do it! But remember wherever you go there are!

17. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator

You know Ive listened to people whine about this and that.. we killed the indains, we made slaves of the blacks, WTF, I NEVER killed anyone nor have I ever had a slave. None of the Indains today went through any of that nor has any black people been inslaved in this century. I do not feel I owe anything to any one that I had nothing to do with. I can feel badly for them and fell their anguish but I do not feel responsible for their social problems. Or what happened to their ancesters, my ancester was beheaded by her cousin. I have just as many social problems as they do.

Why is it that we make excuses for being oppressed when we oppress ourselves. We inslave ourselves with our own shortcomings and blame it on society. We create society, we are in control of our own destiny.

We blame others so we can be weak and not do anything to bring about change in our own lives. We say, my great great gradfather was a slave and I'm pissed at my neighbor for it.

The USA was not the only country that had slaves or conqered other lands. It's been going on since MAN walked the planet. Who are we going to blame for that. It's past history it cannot be changed, the future can be changed. It starts at home in the heart. We make our own change with how we think.

We not longer think of race discrimanation. but lust and greed. That's where change comes in to play. We changed how we acted in the past, now we must change the present and stop thinking with the little me and see the bigger brighter picture of the ALL.

It starts with YOU.

Brightest Blessings
    sh