A message to all men

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by 6-eyed shaman, May 22, 2020.

1. wrat

wrat Member

the sound of one hand clapping.....the world is a big and wonderous place

2. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

i have no idea what you're trying to say to me.

3. wrat

wrat Member

Just that most things are possible and conversely just because one says one thing does not make it true or false

4. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

doesn't seem to have anything to do with this conversation.

5. wrat

wrat Member

it goes right back to your first assertion

6. Bicaptain My Captain

Bicaptain My Captain Members

"there are irresponsible newspapers written by irresponsible journalists.
    Care to name a few?

7. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

The Sun
    The Daily Star
    The Daily Mirror
    haha

8. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

o__O

sure.

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

no responsible journalist would get hired these days. responsible journalism is not where the money is.

Faelixx likes this.
  10. Varmint

Varmint Member

Why, I heard it on the internet, so it must be true, don't ya' know? And because it's the internet, it must be as true as those networks we all listend to and watched growing up, of course! Yep. That's it right there....

Truth: I read various sources. Sorting through and separating the truth from fiction, however, is another matter. This is why you have a brain. If what I read or hear doesn't agree with what I see with my own eyes, I disregard it as fiction, regardless of the source. On here, however, I just have fun with it all. Sometimes I speak the truth. Sometimes I just wanna' poke the bear and play with snakes and porcupines.

Your mileage may vary.

11. Bicaptain My Captain

Don't know any of them. i was thinking of The Washington Post, The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times.

12. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I'm from the U.K.
    : )
    those papers are the kind of papers that give people nicknames and use descriptive words of people in a way that has no place in journalism.
    "horrid harry styles did xyz..." that kind of thing.

scratcho likes this.
  13. Bicaptain My Captain

I'm from the US. And after some research came up with our equivalent. New York Post, The Washington Times, The Drudge Report.

14. Gul Dukat

Gul Dukat Kanar, anyone?

I don't think they have boobies tho.
    I think the UK ones have boobies.

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  15. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

16. The typical male stereotype just doesn't resonate with me. I don't like cars, grilling, big boobied women...i have no interest in building things or crafting things...and I hate hard work.

17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

same. but grilling big boobied women can be fun and filling.

18. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

one thing I learned about the media is to ignore most of it, I was in the press some years ago, in one article I was described as a 'horrible person' by a journalist who'd never even met me! The other thing is how they do their surveys 'we asked 1000 people about X and most of them said Y, well nobody ever asks me. also a survey can be manipulated to mean anything depending on how it is used.
    Now as an example of this lets take the following scenario, we asked 1000 people if they thought there was too much litter from fast food outlets being dumped on the streets. now suppose the people we asked lived in the Scottish Highlands, now there are almost no fast food outlets up there, so our panel would probably say no, they don't think there is an issue. However ask the same question in a large city and we will probably get a resounding yes. This is where part of the problem comes from, a lack of transparency, if it was stated that the participants in the survey lived in an area with almost no fast food outlets then people would see the results as meaningless. This was done a few years ago when there was a lot of unrest over the assylum seekers causing trouble, surveys were done but what was not made known was that these surveys were conducted in areas with little or no assylum seekers, rather than in areas with large numbers of them, this was a deliberate attempt by the government to rubbish the protestations of people affected by the large numbers of these individuals that were being forced on certain areas.

dd788snipe likes this.
  19. Bicaptain My Captain

And that is why legitimate polls are constructed using a random sample for a defined area which would exclude irrelevant to the question. If one digs deep enough in a poll, the methods used to select the questions and the participants is explained. Monmouth University, Five Thirty Eight, Pew Research, BS Quinnipiac University are a few examples of legitimate polls.

dd788snipe likes this.
  20. Kaisersoze

Kaisersoze Members

There are no "responsible" journalists in the mainstream media news outlets. It's all about sensationalism, pushing a narrative, lying to the public to force an agenda, and ratings.
    Anyone with a brain can see that those who call themselves journalists have either forgotten how to be one or never learned what one is. A journalist / news reporter is supposed to be fair and unbiased, supposed to report the news accurately with real fact checking before reporting on the story. They aren't supposed to edit what people say to make them say something they didn't. They aren't supposed to take things out of context to make someone look bad, they aren't supposed to use fake video footage from some completely non related incident and claim it is fresh news, they aren't supposed to set up fake video interviews or fake demonstrations or fake protesting or calling rioters, looters, arsonists, abusers, and violent anarchists peaceful protestors and activists and brave people standing up for their rights They aren't supposed to do everything that they all do everyday 24/7 these days.

dd788snipe and MartNorth like this.