A loss for words

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by novarys, Jan 31, 2005.

1. novarys

novarys Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

k, I write poems that I like to sometimes make into songs but I've had this one poem stuck in my head for soooo long now and I can't get past the first two lines and its driving me insane!! INSANE I TELL YOU.
    I know this sorta thing HAS to happen to you guys at some point or another, so what do YOU do about it? :(:confused:

2. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

Can't say that's ever happened to me. :D

3. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

im not much of a poem writer, but whenever i am in a rut on guitar or am in a block when composing, i like to put on some different type of music that i havent listened to in months/years.

I would think for someone trying to write a poem, it would be a good idea to put on some nice, instrumental music while trying to think of some good words. Music with lyrics might contradict your thinking process when writing, so thats why i recommend instrumental music

4. novarys

well aren't you spayshul? :rolleyes:

5. novarys

usually when I write, the words come to me pretty easily. I do put on some music or close my eyes and imagine a peaceful setting. Sometimes I just get writers block. heh, oh well I suppose :)

6. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I never really get musical blocks...

But I love to write... I write every day.

7. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

Another thing i like to do is go on a long walk, just to get outside and refresh my mind.

but concidering its winter it might be rather cold...so maybe take a nap? infact a nap is rather effective sometimes. Just all ideas :)

8. novarys

well haha I only get musical blocks if I'm trying to make one of my poems into a song, but this time, I'm trying to make a song w/o making it into a poem first.....does that make sense to you:confused:? heh, if it doesn't, it makes sense to me:D.