A little help, please.

Discussion in 'Member Photos' started by TheDeadPhish, May 24, 2004.

1. TheDeadPhish

TheDeadPhish Member

I've got a question for any of you able computor users out there. All my pictures are in a DSCN file format, and I know the forums don't accept those. Is there any way I could change them so I could load them up here on the forums, or am I out of luck?

:confused: Thanks ya'll, I'd appreciate some help.

2. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

not positive this will work but try opening them in a graphic program, like paint shop pro or adobe photoshop.

if you dont have those, just try paint.

open the pic then click save as then change the name and file type... if that doesnt work try asking over at the computers and internet forum.

3. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

If that doesnt work, try sending them to me and I'll give it a whack

4. TheDeadPhish

TheDeadPhish Member

Thanks you guys. I'll try opening them in a paint program and see if that works.

DarkLunacy, thanks! If I can't get them to work, I'll certinly send them to you.

5. logicalway

logicalway Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

In a worst case scenario, you could also do a screenshot of whatever picture you have open and paste it into another graphics program that can save as jpg or gif. Some cropping will be needed because when you do a ctrl/shift or Alt Print Screen, some of the window edges will be copied also.

If you've never done this before, search in Windows or Mac help for screenshot or print screen, and you'll get the info on how to do it.

Woohoo!

6. logicalway

logicalway Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Wait a sec, I just realized that DSCN is normally just the beginning of the filename that Olympus cameras write their files as. If so, then they are regular JPEGs. Is this the case or is it some file format that I've never encountered?!?

If it is the case just put the extension .jpg at the end of the file name and you're set to go. If not, I'll shut up. @_@

7. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Before doing that back up the files cause if it doesnt work it may fry it

8. TheDeadPhish

TheDeadPhish Member

Yeah, your right, it does say jpeg at the end. Let me see what I can do with this. Hopefully I'll have some pics up soon.

Thanks so much for all of your help everyone.