A little Background

Discussion in 'Cancer: There is Hope' started by Heat, Jun 5, 2010.

1. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

I'm very happy to read that Heather, that's fantastic news! :)

As I said to you before, I think your will and positive spirit is largely responsible for the fact that you are doing as well as you are. Because of you I now never underestimate the power of positivity, will, and spirit. You're a living example of just how powerful those things can be and how important they are in both our mental and physical well-being. :)

2. slappyman

slappyman Member

I'm glad to hear you are still doing good, I know in the short time I've been on here you have helped me several times. Your advice is always thoughtful and from the heart. I will be thinking good thoughts for you and hope to be able to ask your advice for a long time to come. Sadly I think I'm entering what may be the hardest time of my life both physically and mentally, nothing like you've gone thru but it's nice to know there are people like you out there that care. I'll end this by simply saying Thank You.

3. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Thank you both for your encouragement and kindness. It helps!! I really do mean that. A community does make a difference both dealing with physical and emotional issues.

There is no measure or comparison for what we all have to go through no matter the name of the disease or what it does to each of us. Each one takes a toll and is a point for most that is life changing. I honestly think how you decide to handle that life change is a very large part of how you handle the diseases.

I honestly feel blessed and try to remember that on the days when I want to kick someones teeth in. Especially doctors. ;)

Slappyman, if we can help at all, even with just an ear if you need it, post or pm. This forum was opened as a support for anyone who needs it. This place, hip forums, is filled with people with hearts and logic when needed. If we can help or you just need a place to write it out with safety, feel free to.

I will keep you in my thoughts as there is always light at the end of every tunnel! I know that.

Heather

4. ladykong

ladykong Guest

Heat, You must be some strong soul to get through what you did. It is very nice to know that you are feeling well now.
    My granny had cancer several times in her lifetime and had a hystorectomy and two masectomys over the years, and it just kept coming back in different places until eventually it was wrapped around her heart and in her brain. She was a very strong, positive woman and fought til the end. Since then my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer, she underwent radiation treatments and thankfully she is well now. Now, just this year my great grandmother has been diagnosed with breast cancer. And I have had polyposis in my colon for several years now. All this has been been incredibly daunting to me for quite some time, as you could imagine.
    I began researching alternative cures about 3 years ago and the absolute greatest method i could find is also a preventative medicine as well.
    It's called plants, believe or not. Whole natural foods! The largest and most comprehensive study of diet was conducted by Dr T. Colin Campbell. He found that people eating a whole-foods plant based diet were far less susceptible to cancer, heart disease, and other chronic illnesses. Check out his book, 'The China Study.' An Indian study showed that cancer could literally be turned on and off with the type of protein(plant or animal) fed to the rat.
    Anyway... I'll stop there but if you're curious for more, let me know :)

5. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Hi Ladykong

Feel free to start a thread in here with any information on this that you have. It could be a great resource for anyone who either personally needs it or is dealing with a family member or friend who may.

Cancer plays no favourites and we all end up touched in our lives by it. I am sorry to read that you have also had to deal with all of it in your life.

Sometimes I think it is harder for those who support cancer patients as they have to be such an anchor for us. We are all truly blessed by the anchors we do have in our lives.

Heather

6. morrow

morrow Visitor

Where is our Heather, anyone had any news?

7. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

rollingalong Has Her Personal "email addy"......Maybe He Can Help You.....:worried:

Cheers Glen.

morrow likes this.
  8. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

She has been off for a while-------we can only hope-----

morrow likes this.