A light drink.. perhaps fruity..

Discussion in 'Beverages' started by We_All_Shine_On, May 9, 2004.

1. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

can anyone suggest a light alcoholic drink, I don't want to say feminine, but nothing hard like scotch... one that you can barely feel the alcohol burn while drinking... maybe something fizzy like champagne..
    anyone got any suggestions?

2. BoozeJockey

BoozeJockey Member

My dear, when you want to know about alcoholic beverages i'm the guy to talk to, lol. The drink type you are describing sounds a lot like the "premium malt beverages" that are popular these days such as Smirnoff Ice, Mike's Hard Lemonade, Bacardi Silver/Raz/03, Hooch's Hard Lemonade, etc. They all basically taste like soda and get you drunk, lol. I don't really like the original Bacardi Silver though, but then again i haven't drank one of those type of drinks in 3 years probably. From what i remember, Smirnoff Ice is good, Mike's is good, nowadays they have raspberry flavored Smirnoff and Bacardi though, those might be worth a try. When it comes to mixed drinks though, i don't know very much. If i ever have hard liquor i just drink it i don't mix it, lol. Well good luck and be safe for sure.

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I wouldn't get drunk off that stuff unless you have a really low tolerance and can get drunk off of like one or two. Or unless you don't mind a really bad stomach ache from all the sugar in those drinks.

4. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

get a bloody Breezer.

5. nesta

nesta Banned

light, fizzy alcoholic drink with no alcohol burn and very little harsh alcohol taste...sounds to me like you're describing cheap beer...

6. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Nati Ice! (I hate when people call it that, by the way). Blehh. But it's cheap, and the alcohol is barely detectable. Bud, Corona (yum) and Lindhoven (yum) are also pretty light. Oh also, especially when it comes to beer, make sure you keep it cold! There can be nothing grosser than that last warm foamy inch on the bottom of the bottle...

7. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

i drank warm beer and ginger ale once. ugh.

i hate beer

8. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

beer is what my taste buds live for...

why dont you drink those wine cooler things, but they barely have any alcohol in them at all and its like drinking fruit sugar water...

9. TheLittleOne

TheLittleOne Senior Member

try a bellini. it's light and tastey, and low carbs n stuff.

10. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

most mixed drinks should be what your lookin for. something with ice and some fruit juice and liquor. i had to give up liquor about 10 years ago, so i forget all the names, but something like a whiskey sour, or sex on the beach . . . speaking of that, i live on a beach, im old enough to buy whiskey . . wanna come down for a visit??

11. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

frozen strawberry daiquiris are sooo good....you should try them

12. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member

Light? Fizzy? Fruity?

You wants a mojito. I don't know if they're popular everywhere, but they're huge in cali. Anyway, they're basically club soda, rum, lemon juice, a little sugar(I've used honey), and mint leaves. They're awesome.

Peace

13. redsmurfettehead

redsmurfettehead Member

if u want a good fruity beer, try bluemoon, it's yummy!

14. JohnnyATL

JohnnyATL Banned

smirnoff twisted are good and they have a 5% alchohol content i think

15. cousinit

cousinit Member

if you can find it look for beers by unibroue. its french candian brewery. their beers are aa.. different.

of thier beers my favorite uis "la fin du mond" this is a tripple fermented cask aged beer. made in the style of the trappist monks. Its 9% alc/vol, and has an almost champaigne like flavor to it.

other beers by them are

blanch de chambly 5%alc/vol
    maudite 8%alc/vol
    trose pistoles 9%alc/vol
    la terrible 10.5%alc/vol
    eu benite 7.7%alc/vol

16. sgoddess28

sgoddess28 Member

try a strawberry short-cake
    1 1/4oz vanilla stoli {vodka}
    fill with cranberry

17. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

Everclear and V8 splash. mix to taste.[​IMG]
    Or cheap wine.

18. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

Tequila Rose is pretty okay, thick though, but taste sorta like a strawberry milkshake, well sorta not really :D, but hey when its all ya got, ya learn to love it :D

19. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

There's always wild irish rose, cheap, comes in 'red wine flavor' or fruity, and gets you pretty good and drunk after the fourth bottle or so.