A "How To" on saliva growing

Discussion in 'Salvia Divinorum' started by Rasheeke, May 27, 2004.

1. Rasheeke

Rasheeke Member

I've been doing a little bit of searching, and I'm very interested in salvia, but I was wondering if someone could give me a few tips on how to grow it, and how to extract and stuff. I really only have little knowledge on how to do this.

2. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Member

I got my first plants about 3 weeks ago. I used a 3 gallon pot, Miracle Grow Potting Soil and white rocks in the bottom of the pot to help drainage. For fertilizer I'm using some Pete's 20/20/20 and I'm using tap water that's sit for a bit to let the clorine evaporate. They've doubled their size and are doing very well on the enclosed back porch. They're in the shade next to some windows so they get lots of light, just not direct sunlight. I mist them with filtered water about 3 times a day and that's about it. Seem like a simple enough plant to grow but then I've got a green thumb anyway. :D

3. lordcthulhu

lordcthulhu Member

Erowid and Sage Wisdom have alot of informatoin on growing, but T.N. Frank gave a great summary, follow his advice.

Edit: Links,

www.sagewisdom.com
    www.erowid.com

4. mmelody

mmelody Member

Mine is sitting happily on a partially sunny windowsill. So far ive managed to take 3 cuttings and they are all flourishing too. Take care not to overwater and spray the leaves with water now and again. Good luck :)

5. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Member

One of the three plants that I ordered isn't doing as well as I'd like it to do. It's been that way ever since I got it, must be a genetic thing. I took a cutting from one of the nicer plants and put in some water to root. Once it's rooted I'll dig up the "bad" plant and replace it with the clone. Depending on how well it goes I'll probably clone a few more plants. This isn't all that hard of a plant to grow as long as you know it's needs and give it some care. Heck, even if someone didn't want to "use" it, it would still be a nice house plant. It has very nice leaves and looks nice. :rolleyes: